Upon doing my research and especially after seeing some user photos and youtube videos, I was really expecting our room to be dated. We were willing to pay the in-season price for that kind of room because we needed a get-away and it's beach front. Upon checking into the room, however, we were more than pleasantly surprised. Our room, a jr suite in the the towers, was remodeled. Beautiful new floor, great amenities, cozy bed and linens, nice bathroom. And I can say about the cleanliness I was also very impressed. The bathroom was impeccable, no traces of mildew in the grout, which some hotels consistently totally miss. The outside tiki bar was great, as were the maintenance staff and shuttle drivers.
The restaurant is another story. The first night we sat at a table with no water and no one coming to the table for over 15 minutes so we left. THe manager chased us out of the restaurant and invited us back the following night. We really wouldnt have went, but the weather was so bad the 2nd night we didnt want to leave the hotel. The service was still slow, the food was OK. The view is so incredible it's sad they dont have their act together there because that place could be a cash cow!!! The service in the cafe is even worse. At times I'm not sure if a dishwasher poured our initial drink because we didnt get any service after that. Also, whoever it was who served the drink asked another couple at the bar if they were ready to go, instead of asking them if they'd like anything else. Food and beverage just seems to be lacking training and effective management.
I really do like this hotel, though and i would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota