We stayed at LBR for 3 nights in a beachfront junior suite.
We were initially scheduled for 2 nights and was able to check in a day early without any questions or problems. The reservation and front desk staff are very professional/ friendly and very customer service oriented. Complimentary morning coffee service in the lobby was nice touch although we didn't realize it was there until day#3. I would suggest that the check in staff let the guests know of this service.
The suite was great..not ultra fancy but very clean . It provided us with just about everything we needed. One comment would be that a full size coffee pot would be more appropriate, rather that the tiny one provided. Housekeeping was great and provided us with daily H20 bottles, chocolate mint candies and package of micro popcorn. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the morning w/our coffee and evening w.cocktails for the sunset.
The internet access was a little slow in our room. This could be upgraded as my husband was not able to do everything he needed to do on his laptop.
The property has great beachfront, pool, hot-tub..plenty of tables, chairs, lounges. There is a nice covered area near the koi pond with alot of furniture for those who want to stay out of the sun..but still have a nice place to relax. Another nice option is the adult only pool and area. Gift shop is small, but has pretty much everything you may need.
We did not eat at any of the restaurants on the property. We took full advantage of the free shuttle to St Armands Circle and ate there. The shuttle staff was superb and we never waited more than 2-3 mins either way for a ride. We walked a few times also...approx 10 minutes. We loved Columbia Restaurant, Tommy Bahamas, Le Colonne(italian) and Crab/Fins. Don't leave there w/out getting an ice cream at Kilwins-homemade and delicious .You'll know it's reputation when you see the line out the door.
One suggestion I would have is to make the pool area and tiki bar non-smoking. Being from Massachusetts where most places are non-smoking now, this was very annoying. There was one guest sitting on edge of pool, smoking, cigarette butts were left near the hot tub and heavy smoking activity at the bar. We would have spent more time there, but were unable to tolerate the smoke. Maybe a smoking area outside the fence on the end of the beach before the rocks would be better( and healthier for us non-smokers!!)
All in all, we loved LBR- great atmosphere, nice quality resort
and wonderful staff. We will return and tell others also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota