Lido Beach Resort
$177
$170
HotelIndigo.com
$89
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$106
$99
$239
$206
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$129
$132
$128
Travelocity
1,632 results
All reviewslido beachnewer towerarmand's circlefamily pooljunior suiteadult poololder buildingfree shuttlemain buildingpool areaocean frontgreat beachparking garagefloor restaurantsmall kitchenshuttle servicebeach view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The location is fabulous, right on Lido Beach. Right next door is a public beach front park, providing a wide open view to the north. The fact that it is public is no bother. Two great pools and 2 or more hot tubs. The building is older, but has been remodeled nicely. The bathroom was quite small, although the tub had been replaced with a very nice, sizable walk-in shower with no door or curtain. Nice. You can walk for miles up and down the beach. We had manatee go by close enough to touch. We saw dolphin daily, including three that put on a jumping show worthy of Sea World (one day). We would go back.

Room Tip: North side, as close to the beach as possible. There are a few beachfront rooms, which are very pricey.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidLRollins
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. It is great to hear the resident wildlife put on a display as well and you were able to be a witness. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was very excited about going on a "get away weekend" to the Lido. The website makes the place look good, but our room was not great. The floor tiles in the bathroom were cracked and moved when you walked on them...I thought by the end of my stay my foot was going to go through the floor. Talking to the front desk I got canned "I'm sorry and excuses and that they were in the "process" of remodeling." They never even offered to discount the room or put us in a different room. Don't book the room if it is not in good shape. Most hotels, even motels have hair dryers, locking safes and entry door keys that work flawlessly. The entire staff seemed mundane...bored. I'm on vacation and want to feel welcome and that I'm getting my moneys worth. Tiki bar staff - boring - and we had to go to the bar to request a waitress, and we weren't the only ones looking for wait staff. Tiki bar musicians took more breaks than they played. Saw them Friday for about 15 minutes, no entertainment on Saturday or Sunday. And you didn't even turn on the music that comes through the rock speakers. Drink prices are high; service is poor. The whole place is run down. Even in the covered lounge area (with sofas and chairs)...the seat cushions were actually dirty gray. I've had cleaner, more updated rooms at LaQuinta. We plan on coming to Sarasota again, but not planning on staying at the Lido. Notice that when these messages are replied to they all start out with the same "canned" verbiage. No true concern for the $$$ paying customer...but they still want you to come back. Nope...Hyatt, Holiday Inn any other place, but not the Lido.

Room Tip: Go to a different "Resort".
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank annie p
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I can certainly understand your disappointment after reading about your experience. I am very sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. I am also very sorry you feel our responses are "canned" and there is no concern for our guests. We take our guests enjoyment of the hotel very seriously. It is through comments such as yours we can continue to improve our service and quality. I would be more than happy to discuss your situation personally and try to resolve the issues you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We love staying here. The price is cheaper than other resorts around. We love the 18-plus pool. We appreciate that a lot! Service is nice, rooms are nice, pool and beach are great. Definitely check it out! We are so happy we found it!

Room Tip: Ask for a top room floor for better views. I don't recommend eating in the cafe downstairs-not worth the price.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. We very much appreciate your review and are very pleased you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great place. Arrived to small lobby staffed by very friendly employees. All were helpful in suggesting nearby restaurants and things to do. Location is perfect--just a mile from St. Armands which is loaded with good restaurants, shopping, etc. Free shuttle too! But we walked due to nive weather and proximity. The beach is wonderful. Had a meeting to attend at hotel and that went very well--very helpful staff. Good food, nice bar. Will definitly return!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank awoodring
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for your review of the Lido Beach Resort. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and will return in the future. We look forward to your return which hopefully, will be very soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Im a little torn on how to rate this place. We dont normally vacation in commercialized areas like this prefering a lot more slolitude. My nephew was married in Sarasota recently and we all chose to stay at Lido Beach for the proximity to St. Armands and the wedding.

We had a great time. The pools have plenty of chairs and frankly this is one of the better places in the area to have a nice resort style pool and a good beach.

The beach is wide with good shelling and very representative of gulf coast beaches from the Tampa/St Pete area all the way down to Marco.

Hotel facilities are really very nice. Our wedding party did not have anything scheduled at Lido but we were at the bar up on the 8th floor several nights with some other wedding parties and it is a very convenient and nice place to go. Again, St. Armands is very close also with places like Tommy Bahama and Columbia.

Rooms - it was nice with our family of 5 to have a kitchenette and two bathroom suite. Rooms were a bit worn but overall OK for the area. I.e. rust stains on grout, paint worn off refridgerator, and overall looked like they all could benefit from a deep cleaning and repainting but overall OK. Typical of what I expect in Florida.

Did not eat at the hotel due to other wedding functions. Visited Micheals on East, Salty Dog on Longboat, and Owens Fish Camp in Sarasota - Highly recommend all if you are in the area.

Given the price of this resort, this is frankly why we have been vacationing in Mexico. Prices are less for an all inclusive resort with much nicer beaches and rooms in MX.

We had a great time though on a 4 day weekend. For where you are going (Lido/Longboat/St.Aramands) this place is one of the better options.d

I have to say the service here was excellent whenever we needed anything from housekeeping and frankly the beds were really comfortable.

If you go to this area, two things to try are the Kayak tour from South Lido with Almost Heaven Kayak adventures, and Mote Marine Institute.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bsmiley

Thank you for your very detailed review of the Lido Beach Resort. I appreciate your feedback and will certainly use it to address some of the items you mentioned. I am hopeful you will return in the future and see the changes we are working on to continue to improve our facilities.