“Very family friendly”

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Chicago, Illinois
“Very family friendly”
Reviewed January 19, 2008

We recently stayed at the Lido Beach Resort with our 10 - month old son and found it to be perfect for our needs. We stayed in a one room suite that was very spacious and had great ammenities. The hotel provided us with a portable crib and a high chair! We appreciated how well the staff kept the room clean in spite of our son's attempts to see how much food he could throw on the floor! All the staff was helpful, but I must say we didn't interact with them much because all our needs were met without having to ask. A great place to stay!

• Liked — great for kids
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank MelissaAmy
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2008
Thank you for your review and comments about the Lido Beach Resort. I am happy to hear how your needs were met and how you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
newbury
Reviewed January 8, 2008

We stayed 6 nights here in early December and I will definitely be going back! We booked using the hotel's website and found it easy to use giving good information about the accommodation options. Having read other trip advisor reviews, we chose a suite in the 14 storey tower and with a gulf view. The suite was worth every penny. The view was glorious and the suite immaculate in every way. My student daughter has shared flats smaller than this suite!!

The hotel has many facilities (pools, beach, tiki bar etc) all of which are great (we loved the live music). We also enjoyed the fitness room which we used every day and found well equipped and always clean.

Possibly the best about this hotel is however the attitude of the staff. All of them are helpful and enormously friendly, greeting you every time you see them around the hotel. It is sometimes said that employees treat customers the way their manager treats them - so the management here are getting it very right!

• Liked — size and high quality of suite
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ukholidaymaker85
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2008
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. Our employees love to hear and read the reviews on tripadvisor.com and I will be sure to include your review in our next employee meeting. We look forward to your return. Thanks again for your comments and taking the time to share your experience at the Lido Beach Resort.
England
Reviewed December 28, 2007

This hotel looks fantastic from the website and reviews and is exactly what I'm looking for in my family's break in March 2008. However I've e-mailed the hotel, via their website, on a couple of occasions since last September and am still awaiting a reply!

Are they so booked up that they cannot afford the common courtesy of letting me know?

Stayed March 2007
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 29, 2007
I am very sorry you have been unable to receive a response from the hotel. I am unaware of your email reaching us. If you would prefer to email me personally at sburdge@lidobeachresort.com, I would be more than happy to assist you myself. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Wilmington, Vermont
Reviewed December 9, 2007

We recently spent a weekend at the Lido Beach Resort booking our reservation directly with the hotel itself which we found to be of benefit as we the reservation clerk explained the various room options to me thus assisting in making my decision and in providing us with a great rate for our room.

During our stay we found (1) the facilities to be excellent, (2) the staff to be courteous, friendly and helpful, (3) the tiki bar to be a great place for late afternoon relaxation and entertainment, (4) the food in Christopher's, both for breakfast and dinner, to be excellent, and (5) the pool, spa and beach facilities to be great.

Our sole disappointment was the fact that the TV in our Jr. Suite died each of the two nights we were there. While it was fixed promptly the first night, maintenance never showed the second. But, I guess with an otherwise great room complete with a mini kitchen, ocean and sunset views, and unlike most hotels, comfortable beds, who needs to watch tv anyway.

• Liked — squeaky clean, comfortable, well run facility, mini-kitchens were a plus, great staff
  • Disliked — service issue, lack of in room jacuzzi
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank chap914
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2007
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. I understand your disappointment regarding the television. I am very sorry the issue was not resolved to your satisfaction. I will be sure to address the issue with the team to ensure future guests do not have the same experience. I am hopeful you will give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2007

We booked direct with the hotel for 3 nights and got a good deal. Our room was on the 4th floor of the 4 storey building and the room was brill; 2 beds and a kitchenette. When I booked, we asked for a room with a view and that was exactly what we got! Everywhere was very clean and the staff very pleasant. The pool area was very well kept by the pool staff and the beach was great, so relaxing.

Shops and restaurants at St Armands very near by and can be easily accessed by the hotel shuttle bus. They are within walking distance, but road is quite quiet and not very well lit as it runs along the beach.

The Bayfront at Sarasota is also only a short drive over the causeway with shops, bars and eateries around Main street, although once you get to the Lido Beach, you probably won't want to venture too far.

Very relaxing......my only regret was that we never stayed longer.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lorna,Colin
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2007
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Lido Beach Resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. Maybe next time you SHOULD stay longer! We look forward to your return!
Brookfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 25, 2007

After following all the glowing reviews posted about Lido Beach Resort on the Tripadvisor website I can only say "It's all true". This gorgeous property also has a very competent and cordial staff available to address any concerns as well as assist you in planning your day (concierge available until 5pm).
My husband and I shared a 2 BR/2BA suite with another couple on the 12th floor of the South Tower. The suite was spacious and immaculately maintained with a great gulf view.
Lots of little extras like in-room safe, free Starbucks morning coffee in the lobby, free room coffee, bottled water, free USA today daily as well as free local newspaper on the weekends. Also a very convenient, free shuttle to and from St. Armands circle on request.
The grounds are beautifully landscaped with 2 large pools and 3 hot tubs surrounded by a multitude of lounge chairs. There is also a very nice, breezy covered patio for those who prefer shady spots adorned with comfortable couches and rocking chairs.
We had breakfast at Christopher's twice and were pleased with service and food which was comparable in price to all surrounding restaurants.
Every morning I took a walk on Lido beach a very clean, uncrowded and lovely experience where sometimes I had the company of dolphins.
I plan on staying here each time I visit the Sarasota area.

• Liked — Everthing
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
6 Thank chattycathi
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 30, 2007
Thank you for your kind comments during your recent stay at the Lido Beach Resort. We love hearing from our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to your return!
Leeds, Yorks
Reviewed November 22, 2007

We have just returned from the Lido Beach Resort, and have had a very good holiday, the hotel was recommended to us and we were not disappointed.

All the staff are friendly and welcoming, and make for a very enjoyable stay, we even had the General Manager come to collect our bags when we left, now that is service

We had a bay view room with kitchenette, the room was very clean and the kitchen fully stocked with fridge, microwave, hob plus coffee, popcorn, mints and bottles of water daily and to cap it all a dishwasher, which the maid used daily.

The bed is worth an individual mention, it is enormous and the best nights sleep we have had for ages. More storage space would be nice for a two week stay though.

The hotel has its own multi-story car park, and we never had a problem parking, the only problem sometimes was the size of American cars taking two spaces.

We ate at the different locations within the hotel Christopher’s, Lido café and the Tiki bar, and even had room service, apart from Christopher’s it was quick and easy food i.e. burger type food, every time it was good and prompt service, Christopher’s is more refined and upmarket, and have some very interesting combinations of food, well worth a try.

The Tiki bar is the pool side bar, this is the central part for the pool area and can sometimes get very busy, the staff are very good and some of the best bar staff I have seen, Laura in particular is excellent and a credit to the hotel.

The location is nicely placed for St Armand’s Circle and if you do not want to walk the sort distance there is free courtesy bus, my only issue with the walk is the lack of street lights along the road, it can be unnerving, so you maybe happier using the bus.

I have a couple of minor niggles and from reading Tripadvisor it is apparent that the management of the hotel read these comments, the first is the Business Centre, it is not really a Business Centre, with only one computer and limited access, it was difficult to gain the use on a regular basis, secondly the complimentary items in the room it was very hit and miss as to what we got, I know this is a free service but consistency would be nice. Screen doors would be nice so we can keep the balcony door open.

I would recommend this hotel without question and will be returning next year.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank prs54fmpu
LidoBeachResortGM, General Manager at Lido Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2007
Thank you for your comments and review of the Lido Beach Resort. It was a pleasure to help you personally. I will be sure to look in to the items you mentioned not being so good to ensure your stay is all you want it to be. We look forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Hotel Indigo Sarasota
#3 of 49 in Sarasota
BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway

Been to Lido Beach Resort? Share your experiences!