Have been staying at Lido Beach Resort since 2005/2006. A couple of years ago the ownership changed hands, and this once-perfect hotel has been deteriorating ever since. Hotel rooms still have fabulous views (which is why they still charge $$$ for the rooms), but I agree with MonicaUk - for the money, you'd expect clean, updated rooms that look like they've been maintained. Just returned from a short stay in a Gulf-front room. Mold surrounded the shower, a door was hanging off the cabinet in the kitchenette, and the tiles in the bathroom were sunken and broken. Halls smelled moldy, covered up with automatic spray freshener.
NOTE: I was told that they will start charging an extra $20/day for a "resort fee." For what?? The pool, like any other hotel has? Be sure to ask about that before you book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront location on Lido Key, an island in the Gulf of Mexico with easy access to downtown Sarasota. Featuring 222 suites, kitchenettes and deluxe guest rooms. Short stroll from the renowned shops and cafes of St. Armand's Circle. Beachfront pools - one for families and one for adults 18+ - hot tubs and oceanfront Tiki bar. Two restaurants - one on top of the hotel with panoramic views of Sarasota and the ocean - fitness room and 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lido Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lido Beach Hotel Sarasota
- Lido Beach Sarasota
- Lido Beach Resort Florida
- Lido Beach Resort Sarasota