“Very relaxing and comfortable”

Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We took a quick 2 day trip to Sarasota and really had a nice stay. We even received a Florida resident rate that put our price in the range of lower quality hotels. The location was perfect close to everything and all the beaches. The hotel restaurant had good service and a great breakfast buffet, we didn't try any other meals there but the menu looks fantastic. The pool and spa were nice and there is a pool bar for lite food and drinks. The hotel was redone about 2 yrs ago and is decorated in brigh tropical colors, we were in a room with a balcony overlooking the marina and could see straight up the canal where there were manatees the last morning we were there. We had a great time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,256)

Reviewed November 18, 2010

I have stayed at the Sarasota Hyatt for many years now and as the only reviews I have submitted on here have been negative, I thought it was time for a positive one!

Beautiful hotel, clean rooms, great location, friendly staff. It has a nice airy feeling since the update, although I personally do not care for the color scheme... My only complaint would be the cost of sundry items while there, (especially the internet access) but what can you expect in a vacation resort area?

All in all I will not hesitate to continue to stay here.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

I was so disgusted at how dirty the hotel was, especially our room. We stayed in the "excecutive suite" which is basically 3 rooms with connecting doors.When we arrived,
there wereso many problems with the room, which I reported to the front desk- there was
a baby's stuffed animal and pacifier in one of the safes in the room, there was an empty juice bottle in the refrigerator freezer section, there were candy wrappers on the floor- near the bed and near the patio doors,on the side table base. How disgusting is that? Mid-stay, we had to switch rooms because the executive suite was being occupied at the end of the week by someone else. Our 'new' rooms- 2 connecting rooms- one of them was GROSS! There was hair in the toilet... clipped hairs that fell out of the bathmat, and hair in the sink and on the bathroom floor. I have HAD IT at that point and contacted the front desk again. They were apologetic and compensated us, but seriously, I would rather have a clean room than deal with the dirtiness of the rooms we stayed in. Also, we needed a refrigerator, and they gave us a rusty one... then I complained, so they gave us another one- but that was no better because there was a strong freon smell. I have had it with complaining and couldn't wait to get the heck out of there.

I have a two year old- his socks were BLACK after walking on the carpets and floors only after about an hour- that shows how dirty the floors are.

If people actually think this hotel is 'clean', I would recommend taking a closer eye at the floors and such. I would never go back to this hotel. The dirtiness made me sick and put a bad taste in my mouth- even my husband, and he's not picky at all.

We were all there for a medical conference and it's a shame, because the conference was great!!! My mom and husband thought that the facilities were good for the conference. Internet cost $9.99 per day...

I'd like to say that the pool was nice and relaxing. The restaurant was okay, but service not that great- took us 20 or more minutes to get seated- finally the bartender came because he felt bad that we were being ignored!! I'm tired of writing this review now... good luck with your stay if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank josiemommacon
Reviewed November 15, 2010

On a 3 night stay, coffee service was not refilled, no replacements for cardboard cups when we used them, clock/radio/iPod charger light was burned out, each day we had to ask for two additional washcloths (they give one/person/day). TV remote defective (wouldn't turn TV on/off), no list of TV stations, no directions in room for TV/movies/etc. Limited restaurant menus. Worst was the misleading Internet access advertised: in-room access is $9.95/room/day, with 3 hardwired computers in the 'business center', which were always in use AND had trash left in the area (beer bottles etc.) . To access internet in public areas, you must pay the $9.95/day charge. Will not stay again; far below Hyatt standards.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jetecat
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 4 nights and enjoyed every seccond of it. Our room was amazing. The bed was comfortable and the room was always clean. We had a room with a balcony and the view of the marina was super cute. The pool was nice and i loved the pool side bar. The staff was friendly but not super in your face. Great parking. And I totaly loved the way they had the resort decorated.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2010

First, this hotel is in a really nice place. Beautiful location on the bay and a really pretty swimming pool and hot tub. That's about all I can say that is positive about the Hyatt Regency in Sarasota!

I usually think of Hyatt as being competitive with Hilton, but this hotel does not even come close. The rooms are minimal with beds that don't compare to the worst Hilton at which I've stayed. The toilet lid would not stay up without being held up. The sheets and pillows were think and uncomfortable. You're in a beautiful place and there's no balcony and the windows will not open.

The restaurant here is unbelievable! The first time we sat down for dinner, a menu came immediately. We sat and talked and after about 20 minutes another party was seated beside us. After another 15 minutes the second party sent someone to get menus and on their return, asked us if we had ordered. We told them we had not and finally both tables went to find someone to take our orders. Dinner took around 2 hours. The food was OK but the service was totally unacceptable. The featured breakfast was a buffet. With a $20 price you would think it would be hot or even warm. Everything is stone cold! When one of my party asked for catchup, they were told to go get it at the buffet. They could have at least brought us ketchup to put on the cold eggs.

So, my conclusion is that if you're going to Sarasota and your looking for a good hotel, look elsewhere. This hotel is overpriced and the service is awful! Sorry about that Hyatt Regency.

George

1  Thank Sailorman9868
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Shower was abysmal, a dribble endured each day, no refrigerator in the room, coffee making supplies included paper cups and powdered milk. No available change for the laundry until trying the bar staff. Money exch was given at an old rate (from a month prior), when the rate was questioned, it was unfortunate but unable to be rectified. A blatant rip off by staff of a jet lagged guest of the hotel. Staff were courteous and pleasant, especially the restaurant staff. For the price of the room, Internet could have been included but this was $9.99 per day.

1  Thank Brissiegurl