Hyatt Regency Sarasota
$71
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$119
HotelIndigo.com
Lido Beach Resort(Sarasota)
$219
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$108
$143
$202
$190
HolidayInn.com
$113
2,337 results
All reviewspaddle boatsself parkinghurricane hutbalcony roomresort feevan wezelpool areamarina viewgreat poolhot tublobby barvery nice hotelfront desk stafflido beachclose to downtownfire pitthe ritz
Reviewed September 18, 2013

During our stay, there was a huge black dog that was swimming in the pool. It was so disgusting, that we did not want to go back in the pool that evening. The bartender seemed to not mind that it was clearly posted that dogs are not permitted in the pool. I'm ok with the hotel being pet friendly, but there has to be limits and that definitely put a damper on our evening. Especially since the dog was clearly over 50lbs and full of fit. The next day, the dog was out on the deck again! What's worse is that the owners were wiping the dog down with the hotels towels! Very dissatisfied seeing this and definitely rethinking our next stay in Sarasota for a hotel that does not allow pets in the pool. Great customer service though, the rooms are beautiful and iTs a great location. They just need to control their pet friendly rules and create better limits. It's a luxury hotel, not a Days Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013
ChrisLevine, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I certainly alopigize for your experience at the pool. While we are a pet friendly hotel, we do not allow pets ont he pool deck (unless they are service pets) and certainly do not let them in the pool itself. The staff should have taken it upon themselves to correct this and it will be monitored more closely movning forward. Again, the pool is for adults only and that will never change. Thank you for brining this to our attention.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I travel a lot for work and play and have long ago forgotten what it is like to stay at a property where the staff actually care to provide good service...that is until now.

Beautiful property and spacial room, all the things you can read from other reviews. Friendly and caring service throughout the property is what make this place shine. Here are two examples that jumped out at me:

- At breakfast, the waitress (without prompting) asked if she can prepare a cup of coffee to-go and whether she can get me something such as a banana/apple for the rest of the day. I had breakfast at the hotel 4 mornings in a row and this happened every morning with different wait staff.

- I had asked to borrow a mug for the office I was visiting and the person went out of her way to find a mug I can keep.

To me, it's the little things along the way that make me want to return to a place. This is definitely one of them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ChrisLevine, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for posting your experiences out and publishing them. We feel the same way you do, if the little things are done, everyone wins. We try to take of these little things to exceed the expectation of the guest where it's simply asking if you would like coffee to go or something larger, because we feel that is authentic hospitality. We hope you come back soon and enjoy another stay with us.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I can't say enough about how beautiful this hotel is. It is the perfect place for a weekend getaway, special occasion, or romantic vacation. The pool area with the waterfall is awesome. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. We found our service to be excellent. Although there were families with children staying at the hotel, I would consider it to be much more adult friendly. The views from the higher floors are the best since there is nothing blocking your vision, wether your on the bay, marina, or city, I don't think you would be disappointed.
Since it's football season we headed out for the evening to catch the NFL opening game. The front desk recommended Evie's Tavern on the Range and I can see why. It's the type of place you wish they had in every town. Great food, great drinks, and great prices. It has something for everyone - tons of TV's, driving range, miniature golf, ice cream parlor, arcade, etc. If you have the time it's worth the trip and only a couple miles from the hotel.
Next trip to Sarasota will definitely include a stay at this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the great review! We feel we have the best pool in Sarasota so thank you for pointing that out along with the views that our rooms, especially our higher-floor rooms, offer. I'm glad that you enjoyed Evie's and we look forward to hosting you again when you are back this way.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Excellent check in experience. Stacey was swift efficient and friendly. Hotel contemporary in terms of decoration. Clean and pleasant. Stayed 2 nights. Breakfast good. Service staff in restaurant very friendly whole experience pleasant. Good pool.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank kennyj50

Thank you for the review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The otel is dedicated to training all of our assocaites from the General Manager down and I'm glad it showed during your stay. Thank you for reccognizing Stacey, we will make sure she is reccognized internally as well. Enjoy your day and we hope to see you back the next time you are in Sarasota.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Made a reservation over the phone a few hours before arriving. The reservation was for a water front room on the Mariana side. I was very clear because we have stayed at this property many times. Using my AAA discount I was happy with the $143 per night. Upon arriving the front desk clerk informed me to have that view it would be an extra $25. ???? It's not about the money but the idea of it and here lies the PROBLEM!!! I was told TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!! Not there problem and here is the conformation number if I wanted to take it up with them. ??? REALLY!!! Paid the difference and plan not to return. Took my dinner party next door because of this ($520). Liked the Ritz Carlton so much moved over there for two night and got treated like they wanted my business , will stay there from now on.

Room Tip: Next door at the Ritz,,!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ChrisLevine, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to apologize for your experience and confirm that this incident will used as a training topic with our teams. Per your follow up conversation with our Front Desk Manager, Rob, we sell by room type, not by view type and while we do consider each guests’ preference when considering views, these are not guaranteed. However, we do offer upgrade types, one of these types being balcony rooms. When you made your reservation for a standard room and checked in, the only room types available with the view you requested were upgraded room types, hence the reason for the upcharge. While I can understand your frustration, the charge was removed after your conversation and while you stated it isn’t about the money, this was the only way at that juncture to help mitigate your displeasure. I hope we have not lost you as a return guest so when you plan on returning, please feel free to reach out to me directly as I can assure you, we would love to keep your business.