“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Windsor, Canada
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were on the 7th floor facing the pool. The view was beautiful. The accommodations were very comfortable. I used the gym, the pool and the hot tub and enjoyed it all. Everything was clean and very appealing. I did not eat there, though - too many other places to try.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have open balconies and some are enclosed. Just ask for what you prefer.
2 Thank Liliana29
ChrisLevine, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. You're right, there are many great restaurants int he area however the next time you stay, I would suggest you try either our Currents Restaurant or Hurricane Hut as our culinary team does an excellent job. Thank you for commenting on your view; whether you're on the marina side or bay side, the views are fantastic!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great value for the location. This hotel is in he DIY, not on the beach, but it has a marina and pool which provide beautiful views. From higher floors you can see water beyond the marina. It also sits beside a science museum and performing arts theater which include paths that are part of a science/nature walk. You are a pretty short car ride to St Armand's Circle and downtown restaurants. The room was great with a balcony which overlooked the marina - which we requested. The pool was really nice. We didn't use the restaurant as we went out for food - including breakfast. The ToastedMango is a short walk away for breakfast or lunch. The hotel has any amenities and you feel as if you are really being pampered. You don't need to use the valet parking. We had no trouble parking on the street in front of the hotel and self parking in the parking lot has no fee.

1 Thank Turnturnturn
Thank you for taking the time to write your response. You are correct, we are not on the beach and as you pointed out, it's a short drive to St Armand's Circle and Lido beach is just past the circle. If you wanted to leave your vehicle here, you could jump on our complimentary shuttle to get to the circle, beach and downtown. I would urge you to try our restaurants the next time you stay with us as our culinary team does a great job. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you don't want to stay right on the beach, this is the place for you!! Although we three are a little cramped in our room (no suites available when we booked) the Marina view from our fifth floor balcony, is just perfect. Soothing sounds of the waterfall, subtle water splashes, and mild hustle and bustle below, allow just enough human contact without being intrusive.

The decor is modern but comfy, the open feeling in the lobby is respectful of the Marina, the rather Gaudy Ritz across the way, and the peeks from the bay.

The staff is superb--Amer (Food /beverage manager), Maria T., Gustavo, Carmel, Victoria, Shane, Anthony, Tara, Crystall take great pride in their jobs and in serving others!! THeir welcoming demeanor and the consistency of their service skills, is a lost art these days!!
We highly recommend !!

Room Tip: Marina or Bay view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such wonderful comments on your stay at Hyatt Regency Sarasota. It gives me great pride knowing our staff held true to our belief of authentic hospitality. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our executive management team so our staff members may be recognized for their outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! - Ryan
London, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My sister and I stayed here March 2-5/13 and found the hotel to be a welcome respite. We shared a room with two double beds, which were very comfortable and aided a good nights' sleep. Our room overlooked the marina, giving lovely views of fishing pelicans, sailboats and sunshine. The restaurant was very nice. The food was excellent and the staff warm and welcoming. A make up mirror in the bathroom would have been nice.

Room Tip: Marina view was great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank W V
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The scene in our marina, off of our pool deck, is quite amazing isn't it? I haven't experienced this type of tranquility at any other property I have been at. Thank you for pointing it out. Also, Hyatt has recently rolled out the Women's Experience'. In this program, the make up mirror is included in the room so please look for this the next time you stay with us or any other Hyatt.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during our trip to see Les Miserable at the Van Wezel Theatre which is right next to this property and a few minute walk away. The hotel is beatifully decorated and well layer out. We enjoyed the restaurant and pool during our stay and had a great relaxing vacation. Our first stay at a Hyatt property but certainly not our last. The complementary shuttle service to downtown attractions and St Armand square was an added bonus.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool and marina would be our preferred view.
1 Thank murtle264
Thank you for your glowing review and I am happy to here a fellow Canadian was staying at my hotel. We feel our location is fantastic for people who are going to a show at Van Wezel and for people who want to have a very enjoyable pool experience. I'm sure the show was amazing and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I (middle-aged) stayed at this hotel at the end of February 2013. The hotel is located at a marina and is very close to the major attractions (Ringling Museum, the arts center, etc), the downtown area and the St Armand area - both have excellent restaurants and nice shops. My husband and I stayed there while I attended a 5-day education session - the food at the poolside 'Hurricane Hut' was very good (Cobb salad and burger) and the breakfast at the education session was good. If you have extra luggage that requires a cart, only the bellhop can bring it to your room - guests are not permitted to use the carts. The bed was very comfortable and there was decent flow from the shower/combined tub. The drawer space is minimal, but there are shelves in the sink area that can hold extra clothes. The television does not display what channel you are on and there is no guide, so have to flip thorough the channels to find what you want to watch. Coffee maker, hair dryer, safe and refrigerator in the room. Nice shampoo, conditioner, lotion, milled soap, and small tube of toothpaste supplied. The alarm clock had an ipod port. We requested an allergy free room and they supplied an air cleaner for an additional charge, worth the money as my allergies are aggravated in Florida. The carpet in the room was worn and stained in several areas. The balcony is small, but adequate, 2 chairs and a small table. Staff are courteous and helpful. Free parking.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a balcony, so you may want to specify your preference.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bagwilltravel55
Thank you for your response and it's always nice to have a fellow Canadian in the hotel! Our culinary team works hard to exceed the guests' expectations and it sounds like this happened both on the restaurant and banquet experiences. Thank you again for your rewiew and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

First, I had been driving for over 4 hours the day I checked in, so I was cranky, tired, and ready for an adult beverage. As soon as I drove in, I saw someone hurrying to help me. When I checked in, the staff was so friendly and smiley, I actually felt bad for being so cranky.

I had two glasses of wine at the bar. The second glass had a bug (just a mosquito, which is not common in Florida, right?), but the bartender immediately apologized, changed my drink and gave me a little extra.

At night, when in my room, I ordered from a nearby restaurant, which was an awful experience (though they set it right at the end). The hotel was so apologetic they credited my room the amount I spent for the food. My jaw dropped. I had never seen that done, even at 5 star hotels!

It was my first stay, ever, at a Hyatt. I am a customer for life! I have NEVER experienced such am enjoyable time in any other resorts. A-freaking-mazing! Special thanks to Alta and Stacy. You guys are awesome!

I never thought I would ever leave SPG properties, but this experience has made me a real Hyatt believer! I can only hope all Hyatts are like this!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank lexv160
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Sarasota, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear lexv160:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Sarasota. It's great to hear how helpful & friendly our employees were from your arrival to your departure. Your referral and comments are greatly appreciated. We hope to have the opportunity to not only welcome you back to our hotel, but the family of Hyatt hotels, soon!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate