“Everything you need & great location”

Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Granby, CT
“Everything you need & great location”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My son and I stayed here for a few days in January when we needed to make a last minute reservation. The staff was really friendly and helpful. My son loved the popcorn, cookies and breakfast, and I loved complimentary coffee all day. The pool was simple but sufficient, and the proximity to Siesta Key and all of Sarasota makes this a great loc. I would definitely return with the rest of the family - a nice pool and a good breakfast goes a long way with kids!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel property. We are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed all of our special amenities such as coffee, cookies and popcorn and extensive hot breakfast. We hope that we are your hotel choice when returning to the Sarasota/Siesta Key area and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
nova scotia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Best location! Great staff and good clean rooms! Fabulous full breaksfasts every morning! We stayed for 4 nights and was made to feel comfortable and looked after from start to finish. Great breakfasts offered daily, coffee available all day. Very accomodating, very clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel property and the wonderful, positive comments you made in your review. We strive to provide the best complimentary breakfast in the area and are thrilled to know that we exceeded that expectation for you. Special amenities to this property such as popcorn, coffee, cappuccino and hot chocolate seem to also be a wonderful surprise for most of our guests. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.
Fort Myers, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The staff went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met. The room was excellent and clean. The breakfast was hot and very good. The location was convienent to restaurants and the beach. This was our sencond stay at this hotel and we will deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank James H
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went to Sarasota/Siesta Key for motorcycle rally. The hotel was about 5 minutes from downtown Sarasota. Several restaurants within walking distance. Accomadations were good, nice breakfast, quiet rooms, everything clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Toronto
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We only stayed one night but will stay longer in the future. We booked this online as a stopover on the way south, but this hotel delivered. We arrived late, and the desk attendant asked us where we wanted to stay (as we were leaving early, we asked for ground floor parking lot view for ease in loading and unloading) The rooms were nicely appointed, however we did note that there were several little worms on the carpet near the door. (we later realized that they seems to everywhere outside--it is Florida after all) We didn't mention the pests and it didn't really affect us.

The desk attendant was very helpful in suggesting a great gourmet pizza shop for our late night dinner (Sal's?) that delivered to the room. In the morning, the buffet served was top-notch, with bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit salad, cereals, yogurt, juices, toast and bagels, and a coffee/latte machine. The pool looked great, and we were provided 2 drink tickets to use at the pool bar. All this for $120? Crazy good deal.

Back next year for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hogtownmike
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel through Expedia. I upgraded my room to a premium POOLSIDE room at an additional cost. I paid over two hundred dollars for one night. Upon arrival, I was greeted by an impolite clerk. She gave me the keys to room 308. Much to my surprise, the room over looked the parking lot. I thought she had made an error in my room type. I returned to the front desk and this same clerk became quite rude. She stated, " your room is on the poolside of the building but you just can't see the pool, only the parking lot". The clerk continued on to say I had booked with a "budget" supplier. I would not call over two hundred "BUDGET". She was not going to honor my reservation for a premium room. I requested a manager and was told that there was not anyone available, it was 5 pm. Basically, I was stuck with this room! The clerk refused to be of any other assistance and continued to tell me that I should not be using Expedia. Expedia has a great reputation and I have been using them for over ten years. The hotel was barely a 2 star and the main reason is the staff and room type they sell to their customers. For the price, I want to warn people to STAY AWAY. There are many more hotels in ths area that live up to their reviews. The manager the next morning was made aware of our disappointment and refused to address our concerns. I am a Florida resident and we travel many times a year to different areas in Florida for a get away. We will never recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you book a POOLSIDE room, go look at room before paying for it unless you like to look at a parki...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank homeaway1234
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. It is unfortunate that you did not read the description of your room type that you purchased on Expedia for our hotel. It clearly states, Poolside; not Poolview or Overlooking the Pool. It would have been a better experience for you if you had reviewed the room type details, reconfirmed with us directly or better yet, visited our hotel website to review the many photos and descriptions of our accommodations. Although Expedia is a reputable Online Travel Agency, once you reserve travel with them, they become your point of contact as you remit your payment to them. The hotel does not have any control over the reservation you make with one of these entities.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute to escape to a warmer climate and were greatly impressed with the property and it's wonderful employees. The hotel is just 2 minutes from Siesta Key Beach and has many eateries in close walking distance too. This was my Christmas present from my hubby and I loved it! The hotel was renovated and well kept and clean!! There is a nice pool side bar and the pool is heated too. Rooms were nice and comfortable! This a great place to access Siesta Key or Turtle Beach or Sarasota. The hotels has a breakfast each morning that had a good selection of fresh fruits and eggs. This was the first time staying at a BW, and would do so again.

Room Tip: pool side rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ernestokarina
Thank you for your recent review. The only way in which we are aware of our service is when our guests are kind enough to provide feedback that can be reviewed by our staff. We are happy that we were able to meet your expectations and look forward to your return in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
Comfort Suites Sarasota
Comfort Suites Sarasota
#2 of 48 in Sarasota

Been to Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway? Share your experiences!