We stayed, we left, we returned.....
Our schedule had us stopping in Sarasota to see the end of the 3D Chalk festival viewing on Tuesday (where do I add my review of the downpour that limited our enjoyment factor of the washed out chalk? :-) ) Anyway stayed, had a great hot breakfast, carried on our way and reported that the hairdryer seemed to have a short in it, or something, as it wasn't entirely cooperating with the morning ritual.
We arrived back the next day, stayed in the same room, and the hair dryer was replaced! Speedy action for sure.
Comfortable sleep,clean room, across the street from box store shopping..... 5 minute drive across to island. ( We were there to check out the sand sculpture festival that was starting on Thursday. Amazing talent there....)
Staff were competent, friendly and efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Best Western Plus-Gateway Siesta Key located at the south bridge to the #1 beach in the US. This hotel is 1 mile from public beach access on Siesta Key and surrounded by restaurants, shopping and many points of interest. Your stay includes hot breakfast everyday and every guestroom includes microwave, fridge and 42" flat screen with HDTV channel lineup. We look forward to seeing you here in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sarasota-Siesta Key Area Hotel Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Sarasota
- Holiday Inn Express Siesta Key