1,476 results
All reviewssiesta keyfree popcornpool barfree shuttle to the beachfire pitroom was cleanhot breakfastpool sidesiesta beachhot tubyogurtnice hoteltamiami trailgreat place to staynice breakfastminute drivepublic beach
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We travel to Siesta Key often and all but a few places let you rent for less than a week. we were visiting family that was staying on the Key but for us; only for a few days, this is the perfect place. Minutes from the most beautiful beach in the country!
Just had a major renovation, not the Ritz but it was fine. We opted for the king Suite and it was great, 2 rooms and more importantly 2 baths!!
I wouldn't choose this hotel for a vacation resort, just a clean, well kept place to rest my head at night...

Room Tip: Suite is the way to go!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My father and I stayed here while passing through Sarasota and were pleased with the accommodation. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. They serve complimentary popcorn in the lobby throughout the day and served freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at 4:00 pm. We paid a little extra to stay on the swimming pool side for less noise. Our room cost for the night, including tax, wax around $115. The continental breakfast was above average, with omelettes, fruit and cereals, and other breakfast foods served in a spacious dining area.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

When we booked this hotel it was a Holiday Inn Express, but has recently changed ownership and is now a Best Western. Even though this hotel is not located on the Siesta Key beach, it is only a quick drive away. I usually don't like to stay in hotels where the rooms open directly to the outside, but this turned out to be no big deal. The room was big and had a large flat screen TV, along with a microwave, fridge and safe. While the bathroom was a bit small, it was not an issue. I used the gym several mornings and the equipment is new and met my needs. The hotel staff was very professional and accommodating. The complimentary hot breakfast was hands-down, the best we have had at any hotel, with lots of variety each morning. They have several computer stations in the lobby for use along with complimentary fruit and popcorn in the evenings. My favorite part was the swimming pool. It was such a surprise - very large and had no deep end. It went from 3.5 feet to 5 feet deep, which meant that the entire pool can be enjoyed by everyone. Great for swimming laps or for children of all ages. They also have a really nice hot tub. There is a shopping complex across Tamiami Trail that has a grocery store, restaurants and some other shops. Over all, we were very pleased and felt that this was a great stay for our money. If you can't stay right on the beach, this is a great compromise.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the parking lot, which was great for getting in and out of our car, but the backside had a nice view and might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PTOGreer
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I was concerned about our recent two night stay here after reading some of the negative reviews. However, it turned out to be better than expected. The room was small, but clean. Lobby was nice. Breakfast was just ok, but it was free so.can't really complain about that. Beds were not great. Thin, lumpy mattresses. It is very close to siesta key beach. There are no major chain hotels on the beach strip. The beach is beautiful and the five minute drive over the bridge was really no big deal. I found it funny that the maid would not make one of the beds in our room because of 'personal belongings' on the bed. The personal belonging consisted of about two inches of the end of a phone charger which was plugged in on the nightstand next to the bed. I don't need the bed made, just found it a touch overboard. Never had that issue at any hotel I have ever stayed at. Lastly, management was very helpful in shipping a left behind item to our next destination. I really appreciated that. Would I stay here again? Probably not but it really is not nearly as bad as some of the reviews suggest.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Alot of the reviews I read appear to be complaints about the renovation being done, which, when construction is being done, may cause an inconvenience. We were there after the renovation and no construction was going on. I found the hotel to be neat, clean, with no problems with the room, everything that I expect when travelling at a Best Western, which is the new chain this hotel is operating under. The room was clean, breakfast was hot with alot of space for seating. About the only warning I can give is to watch out for the snails on the sidewalks outside at night, there are alot and easy to step on, so watch the bottoms of your shoes. Overall, a very nice night, with no problem on extending a late check-out time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobnnan99
SiestaHotelMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for writing a review and for your positive comments . The property has recently finished major guest room and public space renovations and re-branded to a Best Western Plus. We hope your review will encourage others to see the wonderful changes and improvements we've made to both the guestrooms and the property.