“Great food”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and i recently had lunch at Sangria's. We sat outside and ordered 3 Tapas to share. They were all very good and had a nice presentation. The Sangria drink I had was also very refreshing. The prices were good and we found out that they have a Happy Hour food and drink specials daily. We will return for the happy hour if we can.

1  Thank Bill M

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am a Sarasota local and have been to Sangria Tapas several times. They are consistently good. I see a couple of reviews complaining about small portions, I am wondering if those people know what Tapas are? If you don't know what Tapas are you should find out before you eat at a Tapas featured restaurant! Anyway, as a local we enjoy them. We ate there for lunch today for the first time and enjoyed our sandwiches very much. We will definitely be back again.

1  Thank JMPMINFLA
Reviewed July 15, 2012

On a warm summer afternoon we decided to take our Groupon to Tapas and Sangia, a delightful little Spanish restaurant on lively Main Street in downtown Sarasota. Although parking spaces are rare in this small area of town, there is a valet parking area right around the corner, but don't forget to get your validation as it costs four dollars if you don't!
We were seated in a typically decorated room and were being entertained by a guitar player, which was nice but very loud, and it made it a little difficult to hear my companion, but that was really a minor problem.
Our waiter arrived and took our drink order. I liked the fact that they had a "taster" selection for Sangria. We didn't order a pitcher as my husband did not care for Sangria. He ordered one of the selection of ales. The taster selection was the perfect idea because I was able to try three different types of Sangria (I was only aware of two), pink, white, and red. I liked the white the best, a more subtle flavor than the more bold red. It wasn't filled with fruit or any accompaniments, just the Sangria, and it was terrific!
We ordered two small plates for each of us, and one plate to share, which was more than enough food for us! My husband had the goat cheese and tomato sauce and the meatballs, which were both excellent, and I had the crab cakes and the tenderloin. The crab cakes were bland and unfortunately had too much filling and not enough crabmeat; the tenderloin came medium rare and was threaded onto a skewer and served with mild mustard sauce and a tiny amount of shredded beets. It was absolutely perfect! Together we shared the toast with tomatoes, cheese and basil, which was superb! Aside from the crabcake misstep, the food was very well prepared and excellent.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting busy Main Street downtown, and tapas are the perfect solution to today's enormous portions leaving you feeling bloated when you are done, although I must admit we didn't have any room for dessert!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

As a couple, my friend and I stroll down main street looking for a new dinner venue and we stumbled upon the Sangria Tapas on main street just a tad East of Lemon Ave on the South side of the street. Wow! I thought I was back in Seville, Spain. We started our adventure with the Sangira sampler to discern which wine was our favorite. At the same time we ordered several dishes to start and we smiled once we devoured the first course. We finished with the lamb chops some spanish potatoes and a fresh glass of sangria ? Totally satisfied we complemented the owner on our experience and told her we will be back with friends. I give this place a resounding five grouper rating a wonderful experience.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We went for a early lunch, and we were so impressed that we went back for Dinner!
Each Tapas plate averaged $6.75, so we had 4 plates for lunch and some delicious red sangria.
At Dinner we ordered 6 plates plus a pitcher of sangria. Very reasonable and the staff were very knowledgeable of their menu! We can highly recommend the Shrimp Ajillo, & the Marinated mushrooms. Next time we go back to Sarasota, we will take advantage of the Sangria & Tapas Happy Hour. Sangria is 2 for 1,and Select Tapas plates are only$4.00.