Gumbo Limbo Vacation Rentals Inc.
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sarasota
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Tropical Breeze Resort(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
The Capri at Siesta(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
All reviewsisland suitehoneymoon suitesiesta keywasher dryerbeach chairsliving roomrestaurants and barstoilet paperhear everythingfirst floorsized bedlocation is greatvirginiaapartmentumbrellaslockboxpool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I spent 4 days with my 14 and 16 year old daughters in the Key West Suite. From the time we walked in, we were so impressed with the decorations, the beautiful furniture, and well-stocked kitchen. It felt like home.The beds were so comfortable (reminded me of the Ritz ). We were so close to the most beautiful white beach . Now I understand why Siesta Key beach was voted # 1 in the Nation. Gumbo-Limbo was a perfect location. My girls had their private rooms and they loved the fancy umbrella above the bed. To sum it up.....it is Paradise. Can't wait to go back. Thank you Virginia.
Seroj K

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Gumbo Limbo was great! Virginia is so sweet and always friendly! A lot of work went into these suites and they were beautifully decorated. Walking distance from the village and less than a minute to the beach. We can't wait to stay there again! :)
Jennifer

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed in the Island suite, (suite #5610), and were quite disappointed with how shabby and old the unit was. The floors in the living room and dining room area were extremely dated and dingy, like something you'd find in an old bathroom from the 70's. There were many places in the unit that were in need of repair and/or better maintenance. For example, the door going outside did not fit the door frame properly and had to be slammed in order to close it. There is no central A/C, and the air conditioning unit in one of the bedrooms was so loud, I had to put a pillow over my head to block the sound. Even our kids, who are typically not picky about their accommodations, commented that the online pictures of the unit looked a lot better than it did in person. The two bathrooms were the only areas which seemed to have been updated, and those were pretty nice. As a first floor unit, I didn't expect a great view, but there was really no view whatsoever. I did not see the upper floor units, but I think that those were probably nicer, given that they had outdoor patios and probably had somewhat of a view. Finally, while having a pool outside was nice, I have to say that the pool is considerably smaller than it looks in the online pictures.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor unit.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank J S
VirginiaHb, Owner at Gumbo Limbo Vacation Rentals Inc., responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

REPLY Feb 12, 2014
For close to twenty years, our GUMBO LIMBO VACATION RENTAL business on Siesta Key, Florida has taken pride in providing boutique-style accommodations to our esteemed guests from both the United States and abroad. We appreciate our guests taking the time to review our accommodations and our service and are equally proud and grateful to say that tenant feedback has been 98%+ favorable. Our Gumbo Limbo team continues to work diligently to earn our excellent reviews and our excellent rating history.
Our experienced team of professionals is trained to cater to any and all of our guests’ wishes and to respond, in a timely manner, to emergencies and unforeseeable incidences. When the unforeseeable occurs, we go out of our way to find the best possible solution and fix the problem. The vast majority of our valued guests is appreciative of this effort. Some guests, however, tend to hold the occurrence of an unforeseeable incidence—or just a minor glitch, like a broken light bulb—against us. This is when we receive a poor review, unfortunately.
The photos on our website and virtual tours are continually updated. So are our units in terms of furnishings, carpets, electronic equipment, home wares, bathroom and kitchen installations, etc. It is for this reason that an unfavorable review which details alleged “deficiencies” is, in fact, a misrepresentation of the facts.
We urge our guests to report a glitch or an issue the moment they become aware of it so the issue can be addressed. If guests become aware of an issue and decide not to immediately report it to the Gumbo Limbo Management, then our management cannot accept an unfavorable review. It also raises the question why apparently “unhappy” guests decided to continue their stay at our Gumbo Limbo if, indeed, the circumstances were as “bad” as “observed”.
Our superb rating history speaks for itself. At Gumbo Limbo, we look forward to welcoming our valued guests to warm hospitality, excellent service and high-standard accommodations in a lush, tropical setting.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family and me stayed at Gumbo Limbo a week in the first half of July. As we normally live in the far north of Norway, this was our first visit to Florida and what should turn out to really be a tropical paradise. Siesta Key itself was a wonderful place, and the beatiful and good accomodations at Gumbo Limbo made the visit truly enjoyable. We lived in the Honeymoon Suite, which was perfectly comfortable for a family with to kids. The sofa bed in the living room turned out to be broken. This was not obvious before one tried to lay down on the bed, so not very easy for Victoria and Ricardo to see. But they fixed up a good air mattres for our kids as soon as we told them, and also ordered a new sofa bed. They both did everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable. The suite in itself was great. Large, clean, very good and quiet aircondition and a very comfortable bed upstairs. And what a garden and pool! Fantastic! Complete with exciting and for us polarians unusual wildlife: turtles, lizards and even a garden snake. The kids loved that. Me and my wife could probably have lived without the (totally harmless) snake :-).
We didn't want to leave, and hope to be able to return.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

My family and I stayed here June through July and absolutely love it!!!
This is our 4th stay here at gumbo limbo, and defiantly not the last! All of the apartments at Gumbo Limbo that we have all stayed at are comfortable,relaxing, and very cozy. Its very welcoming and kid-friendly! I have brought my two children (ages 13 & 3) and they love it as well! The location is fantastic! Its just a few steps from the beach and village! The pool is an excellent feature at Gumbo Limbo. We have already planned another vacation for next year to stay here! Gumbo limbo has amazing views, and is comfortably private. It is at a very safe, and quite location. Every stay is a new adventure! We absolutely love it here! Virginia the host, has made every stay a escape to paradise! She has made it a very welcoming,relaxing, and a very superb stay every time! She has provided many helpful amenities such as beach umbrella's, beach balls, inflatables for the pool, and much more! My family and i strongly encourage you to stay here at Gumbo Limbo, and will defiantly be back very soon!