“ First time I tried a deep-fried pizza, and taco...”
Review of Painter's Palate - CLOSED

Painter's Palate
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

We were there for lunch...I would characterise the menu selection as original and potential for making some delicious food. But, both the so-called mini-pizza and the tacos were deep-fried, making the "bread" crispy allright, but also dripping of oil and adding that KFC-like oily feeling to the whole food. When mentioning the unpleasant cooking method, we were told that "that's how it is done here" - but then PLEASE note it in the menu so people can act on it. What a shame...
I am a foreigner and not fully comfortable with pricing, but is not 5++ USD for a pint of dark beer on the high side? We received a hand written bill, so not sure if those prices were official.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed April 24, 2017

Although I much prefer Kasa sushi a few blocks away, the sushi was surprisingly good. I will never go back as I was appalled by the $20 for a glass of Phantom. This wine has been one of my everyday go-to wines for about 6 years and it costs about $18/bottle at the local wine shop. a 500% mark-up is ludicrous.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Sunday evening it was becoming difficult to find somewhere open to eat while on a touring holiday.
It was quiet when I arrived, quite early, but more diners arrived during my visit and by the time I left it was quite busy.
Plenty of choice in terms of food and also price point. I opted for a green curry with chicken. Very tasty. Dessert was a beautiful creme brûlée - always a favourite for me.
A guitarist noodled as we ate, adding to the friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
For me the only downside was the lack of wifi, a modern companion for the solo diner.
Overall, a great culinary experience.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 11, 2017

A lot of care and enthusiasm is put into this restaurant. From the flowers on the table to the buoyant attitude of the server, the passion radiated. It was fun to support this local joint and their creative endeavor.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 10, 2017

A small Restaurant / Sushi Bar
There will be a wait so my wife and I went in and ordered a couple of items each, we sat a long table that seated roughly 10 there were a couple of tables that could seat 4 each. Also some tables outside weather permitting.
We went on a "Sushi" night not sure if Sushi is available all week or not the restaurant serves regular meals which all sounded good. They even have a Sushi Pizza which I have been told is good.
Sushi was brought out as it was made so not to hold you up too long, nice selection of beers. I know my wife had a Cob roll and I had a Shrimp roll but actually we tried a few different rolls and enjoyed all of them.
We had a couple of nice conversations with some others who sat at our table that was nice. A couple and their son on one side and a couple of young people in their 20s on the other side of us.
They serve regular meals but we wanted fresh Sushi. The food was worth the wait. Atmosphere was nice some music but not loud more to the quiet side.

Date of visit: May 2016