“Friendly, Communal eating”
Review of Painter's Palate - CLOSED

Painter's Palate
Reviewed March 10, 2017

A small Restaurant / Sushi Bar
There will be a wait so my wife and I went in and ordered a couple of items each, we sat a long table that seated roughly 10 there were a couple of tables that could seat 4 each. Also some tables outside weather permitting.
We went on a "Sushi" night not sure if Sushi is available all week or not the restaurant serves regular meals which all sounded good. They even have a Sushi Pizza which I have been told is good.
Sushi was brought out as it was made so not to hold you up too long, nice selection of beers. I know my wife had a Cob roll and I had a Shrimp roll but actually we tried a few different rolls and enjoyed all of them.
We had a couple of nice conversations with some others who sat at our table that was nice. A couple and their son on one side and a couple of young people in their 20s on the other side of us.
They serve regular meals but we wanted fresh Sushi. The food was worth the wait. Atmosphere was nice some music but not loud more to the quiet side.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Very sweet neighborhood sushi/Asian cafe. Owner is a young guy very friendly... Mother has the Drunken Poet on Main St. Both delicious!! Recommend to all.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016

Delicious Food - husband and I agreed that the Painter's Palate Burger is the best we've had in the area (Shakespeare's Pub is our second favorite). The Thiacos were also very good. We also got a Sexy Man sushi roll to go; even our toddler liked it. I also liked the improvements to the decor and to the outside dining since the last time I visited.

They have tasty, inventive food, but I can only give 4 stars because the service could be a bit better. The staff was friendly, but it took a while for anyone to come out to take our order (and they forgot our drink order), and it took a minute or two for anyone to greet us when we first walked in (the person at the bar had his back to us). None of that mattered, however, once we tasted the food. We would definitely return.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank ZaraZote
Reviewed June 15, 2016

small informal sushi bar on 41.....food professionally prepared,delicious and very inspiring!!! we need more places like this.....

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 7, 2016

a creative combination of Thai and French cuisine. The decor and interior need a little work but the food is delicious. For the pizza fan, try the spicy basil pizza - it's not spicy like it sounds - it includes ground pork, cheese, and a fried egg on top! We also tried the Painters Palate Burger (which is wrapped in bacon) and fries - very delicious! My favorite is the Goat Cheese Salad - goat cheese in puff pastry with cucumber tomato fresh basil, apple confit and walnuts with delicious dressing.

Date of visit: May 2016