“Best Burger we've had in Sarasota”
Review of Painter's Palate - CLOSED

Painter's Palate
Reviewed July 3, 2016

Delicious Food - husband and I agreed that the Painter's Palate Burger is the best we've had in the area (Shakespeare's Pub is our second favorite). The Thiacos were also very good. We also got a Sexy Man sushi roll to go; even our toddler liked it. I also liked the improvements to the decor and to the outside dining since the last time I visited.

They have tasty, inventive food, but I can only give 4 stars because the service could be a bit better. The staff was friendly, but it took a while for anyone to come out to take our order (and they forgot our drink order), and it took a minute or two for anyone to greet us when we first walked in (the person at the bar had his back to us). None of that mattered, however, once we tasted the food. We would definitely return.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank ZaraZote

Reviewed June 15, 2016

small informal sushi bar on 41.....food professionally prepared,delicious and very inspiring!!! we need more places like this.....

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 7, 2016

a creative combination of Thai and French cuisine. The decor and interior need a little work but the food is delicious. For the pizza fan, try the spicy basil pizza - it's not spicy like it sounds - it includes ground pork, cheese, and a fried egg on top! We also tried the Painters Palate Burger (which is wrapped in bacon) and fries - very delicious! My favorite is the Goat Cheese Salad - goat cheese in puff pastry with cucumber tomato fresh basil, apple confit and walnuts with delicious dressing.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed May 11, 2016 via mobile

I live by here and decided to walk over since we felt like being outside after work. I wondered what it was all about and did not even know what type of food it was. There were no other customers so I was sceptical at first. We ordered 3 different sushi rolls and the duck rolls which are a spring roll with duck meat. They are so delicious!! I will be coming here frequently just to pick up some to take home. The sushi rolls were so good too and gorgeous on the lazy Susan that they were on. All the flavors mixed so well and the choice of alcohol was fabulous also. It wasn't super expensive. The wine made it prices but I was ready for some after a long day at work. Worth every penny!! There is also nice outdoor patio seating with nice lighting for nighttime. I will be spending more time here for sure!!

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank marcia c
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Five friends went here for dinner before venturing on to the Van Weazel for a show.
It is very tight quarters inside with bar seeing and one picnic bench. Outside there
are several tables. Two of us ordered Pad Thai,which was very disappointing.
One person ordered the pizza which was good. One ordered a crab spring
roll,which though tasty, was difficult to eat. And finally crunchy chicken on rice.
The service was average. There was a guitarist outside,and several customers
came,sat at the bar,ordered....some take out......and then left. The bar attendant
who was also the waiter turned up a radio which made it difficult to talk. He did
turn it down when asked. We were disappointed with our experience here, compared
to other Asian restaurants in Sarasota.

Date of visit: April 2016