“Great Restaurant - Good menu and atmospher”
Review of Stonewood Grill & Tavern - CLOSED

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are looking for a not-too-expense restaurant with a nice atmosphere and good service when you are in the Sarasota area Stonewood is a great choice. Have dined there dozens of times over the past five years. Menu has meat-fish-pasta dishes with great appetizers and yummy desserts (try the floridaorange cake).

Wine list has many bottle offerings as well as a wide selection of wines by the glass. Domestics as well as unique offerings from around the world.

Service is always consistent. Great place to hang out by the bar pre-dinner and enjoy a cocktail. Great food, great service and not too pretentious.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We planned a thanskgiving dinner here so no one had to cook. Brilliant idea! Great food, fantasic service. We eat here as often as we can.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I sat at the bar and ordered a cosmo. It came 3/4 full. Ok, for $4 I can understand, but most others had a full glass. Then, I ordered the rib-eye. It was about 1/3 inch think. It was flavorful, but for $25 I do expect a bigger steak. Overall, it was a disappointing night. I do not expect to return soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been in stonewoods in ft meyers, sarasota, and tampa - the one on University is awesome on Sarasota - This place is a joke - I have been in here 3 times and every time I cannot understand how this place is a stonewood - Bartenders are useless - food is not good - parking is bad

I dont get it - but since I just rented on University - I can finally bid this place good bye and good riddins

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Party of six for dinner at Stonewood Grill. We have been in Sarasota for a month and eaten at a wide variety of restaurants including Duval's and Mediterraneo. The food at Stonewood was by far the best we have had yet. Salads were fresh and crisp, the calamari app was tender and delicious, the salmon was perfectly cooked.

Service was friendly and efficient, with a suitable pause between courses.

Stonewood is pricier than most chains, but the food is far better. Highly recommended!