“Beautiful & Bountiful”
Review of Roy's - Sarasota - CLOSED

Roy's - Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Tamiami Trail
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We're so lucky to have a Roy's in SRQ. My husband and I celebrated his BD there last night. Gracious and attentive, as always, the staff were helpful recommending some changed menu items. Shared fav canoe appetizer selection. My cod was phenomenal and he loved his short ribs. Wondering how they'd put a BD candle in their "must have" choc souffle, they brought us an extra dessert! Awesome, as always...ahhhhh!

1  Thank EllenMenard

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The restaurant is a bit pricy but excellent food and service. We will go again !
Easy parking, easy to find, near the Southgate Mall in Sarasota.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family, including my three year old daughter, dined at Roy's last week. We were very promptly seated, even though we did not make reservations. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very intimate, but still comfortable. Our server was very attentive, and took a personal interest in our daughter. They even gave her a little snack of a cheese quesidilla with apple slices and carrots, which was a life saver! I ordered a Hawaiian martini, which was delicious and not too sweet. My husband had the filet that he said was cooked perfectly, and I ordered the Butterfish which was out of this world delicious! Everything was beyond our expectations, and we both agreed that we will be coming back for our anniversary. The prices are more then say, a TGI Fridays, but the value of the service, atmosphere, and unique food was worth much more.

1  Thank 166AngelaM166
Reviewed September 11, 2012

way to expensive for what they have to offer...The wine pours are very very small and the steak was nothing special..I should of listened to the local vibe of this place and stayed away what I did like is the place, very classy look.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

What an attractive place! We were We were seated so quickly that our party of three got left behind and the hostess had to come back to find us. And things didn't get any better. The entire wait staff and assistants - I think the bus people may have had assistants too - rushed us through appetizers, entrees, desserts - so fast that we weren't sure we even went there for dinner or not. It was similar to a blurry dream. There was a nice tasting pork dish somewhere along our ride that we enjoyed and the chocolate lava cake was rich and tasty. I'm pretty sure that the lava cake was dessert even though I needed to order it when my entree arrived. Seriously! Another problem was the people involved with taking our order really weren't interested in answering questions. I want to apologize to them now because I wasn't aware at the time that they were doing me a favor by being there. That mistake won't happen again because I really don't want to spend $100 per person to be rushed through dinner, have a wait staff with attitude and . . . Maybe it's a good thing that the experience was a blur. Sometimes, once really is enough. Roy's is such the case.

1  Thank SherriffMoBo