“Excellent Japanese Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent Japanese Food”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Having lived in Japan for two years of my life, and got to really love Japanese food. The Ahi restaurant brought all the memories back to me. The dinner we experienced was without question some of the best that I, and my guests, have had since my time in Japan. The Maguro Sushi was fresh, the Mizo Soup was as I remembered, the egg rolls, and gyosa were the same taste sensations I enjoyed in Japan. As for the entrees we all ordered from the Teriyaki menu, and every last bite was eaten. In all, absolutely delicious meal.

The decor is very pleasant, and much effort has gone into customer comfort, right down to the cushy arm chairs. Much of the decor is in marble, and soft leather, with decorative Obis on the walls. The decor is clean, uncluttered, and sophisticated. The bathrooms were clean, and extremely well done with walls of marble.

The food is as authentic as the food I enjoyed while living in Japan. If you want authentic, this is the place to go.

3 Thank islandlover34321

Longboat Key, Florida
“Fabulous Sushi”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Saw the ad in the local paper and decided to give it a try. Located in a strip mall with a Publix and a Walgreens it was hard to find, since I really don't know the neighborhood. The menu is extensive and features the whole gamut of classical Japanese dishes, but we came for the sushi: it was fresh and alluring. It consisted of a variety of rolls and the sashimi platter was as good as it gets. The crowning glory was live giant scallop - out of this world! The soya is home brewed and the wasabi prepared in house. Service was excellent and knowledgeable. On certain days they have blue fin tuna and other fresh delicacies.

2 Thank goditolindo
Sarasota, Florida
“Not all its cracked up to be”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We walked in and there was barley anyone in there. The decor is like a bad Chinese restaurant gone sushi restaurant. The sushi menu is slim and offers low end sushi in my opinion. There are barley any rolls with tuna. Pretty pricey for what you get. Although the staff was very friendly the food did not live up to the expectation. We are use to places like Pac Rim, Yume, and JPan. I would not go back to this restaurant. The fish was a little "fishy". The beef tataki was excellent but the rave reviewed oysters were awful. I was very disappointed to be out for date night and have a mediocre meal at best.

Bradenton, Florida
“Japanese Excellence”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had the BEST Japanese meal at Ahi Sushi than in NYC or Tokyo, no kidding. Everything they make is extraordinary. The Tuna rolls are wrapped around rice that belies description; it literally melts in your mouth and is not that heavy sticky rice we've had elsewhere. The attention to detail in their dishes is amazing; it is beyond just fresh. They make their own soy sauce and wasabi and there is a difference. Their sliced ginger is tender and has a sweetness to it we've never tasted, all this before we comment on their fish dishes. It was our first time there so we sampled the Tuna Rolls, Sushi, Beef Negimaki, Tuna Tataki and Tempura to get a feel for their dishes. All were outstanding. It is hard to describe the sensation of eating such delicate, fresh food such as this.....you just need to go there!

1 Thank Darty26
“Try something new”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a sushi restaurant and found a beauty. Our waitress seated us and then began with the specials of the day. She was obviously a lover of sushi herself and gave wonderful explanations of why Ahi Sushi was special. We ordered our rolls and also a side of sashimi. We found everything fresh and tasty. The Chef came out during the meal to make certain everything was good and then made us a surprise roll. Wonderful! I am giving five stars because I think everything was top quality, including the service. I highly recommend Ahi Sushi as a top notch place to enjoy sushi.

Visited July 2014