“Tons of charm with a great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ranola

Hotel Ranola
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Clearwater, Florida
“Tons of charm with a great location!”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Stayed here for my birthday with a friend. It is adorable and located right in downtown within walking distance to everything! The owners are really nice and are willing to accomodate you. They had great suggestions of places to go and things to do. We stayed in the fit for a queen room which was a nice size and had a full kitchen! Loved the decor...it is a charming old building with a modern twist! Free parking is a plus too! I would reccomend it and stay again!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed May 13, 2010

In Sarasota on business and booked the Hotel Ranola based on the previous reviews. I could not have been more content. Location is great, the rooms are very clean and up-to date even though they are in a older building, very trendy. Flat screen TV etc... This is a great find and a bargain in my opinion. Definitely will stay again on my next trip to Sarasota.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank oceanluvr30
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2010

We drove from Orlando to Sarasota for our anniversary in 2009 to stay 3 nights at the Hotel Ranola, and enjoy the area, with its many activities and countless good restaurants. We really could not have been happier with the location, management or room.

I'm sure folks realize this, but this is a boutique hotel, made from an adorable old apartment building, with the ground and second floor rented out as rooms, and the third floor managed as apartments. We stayed on the 2nd floor, with a king bed, and a great little kitchen.

We walked to every restaurant (and there were so many to choose from, and no bad experiences!) and enjoyed the Farmers' Market downtown on Saturday morning. We walked to the waterfront, and probably could have walked across the bridge with a little more planning.

The restaurants were so good we didn't need much of the kitchen's convenience, but it held the champagne cold, and stocked the water for our hikes. I just wish those 3rd floorers were a little lighter on their feet going up the stairs in the middle of the night. That was my only complaint.

We're planning on going back soon (one could go months in Orlando without a decent restaurant meal) and will definitely make plans to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank derring_do
columbus, ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2010

The Hotel Ranola has some excellent features and some really not so hot. I think you really need to know what you're getting yourself into before you book. Esentially, you're booking an apartment, not a hotel room and an old one at that. I liked aspects of that like the kitchen and living room but the electrical work was none too steady. The hot water supply in my room was not suffiecient. The good aspects are really excellent and override my negative comments. The space is great and it's made to look modern though the rooms really are old. The owners are great and oh my the location can't be beat. My bed was wonderful as were the pillows. I'm not a light sleeper so the noise didn't bother me at all. The kitchen is fully stocked, there were two TVs in my apartment both flat screen.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank martaburke
new york
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Just had a wonderful stay at this lovely small hotel. Spotless, very comfortable rooms and suites, perfect location right in the heart of downtown. and welcoming owners and staff make this a perfect choice for your vacation. The owners were very warm to our 4 yr old daughter and could not have been nicer to our family. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank imtto
Tampa
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This hotel is the perfect place to stay in Sarasota. It's walking distance to/from Main Street to all the shops and restaurants, including a movie theater. You could probably walk to the Marina too. The rooms are so comfy and we actually said this would be a REALLY nice apartment in NYC. It's ultra modern and still has the 1920's feel to it. The owners are super sweet and even had caramel brownies for us at our checkout. I highly recommend. Not bad for $99/night (and I'm guessing it was the off season since the downtown area wasn't too crowded)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karchick41
chicago
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I will add my 2 cents to the previous 89 reviews and say this is the coolest building conversion! My husband and I spent a half hour just looking around the room at all the design details - we got the room for $99 and it was great. Has a kitchen with all utensils, iPod player system, cable, a/c, fantastic down comforter and pillows, great shower and dressing area and helpful books in the room. Blocks from anywhere you'd need to be in Sarasota. We had a great time here. The owners and staff are wonderful and helpful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Sarasota.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple