Hotel Indigo Sarasota
  • Restaurant
Aloft Sarasota(Sarasota)
Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)
View Hotel
All reviewsaveda productshuge showerhardwood floorsgreat boutiqueclose to downtowntoasted mangowalk in showersmall hotelmain streetvan wezelbreakfast buffetroom was largehot tubparking garagebed was comfortablelido beachst armand's circle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Indigo is not a boutique with European flair, its a chain concept by Holiday Inn. They certainly accomplished a better atmosphere than most chains, but I was pretty disappointed after reading the reviews here. It is clean and well located, and the staff are very friendly, but at heart it is a cheap new hotel that is somewhat noisy and lacks character.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank smurphymn
Reviewed December 23, 2010

stayed here for the weekend because of our wedding on lido beach. i had to write a review because this hotel is like no other. the staff was amazing, they treated my wife and family like royalty and went out of their way to do everything they could to make our wedding night amazing. they did all this without us ever saying a word or asking anything of them. the rooms were very modern and spotless, bathrooms were amazing, beds were comfortable. i hope they read this and i hope if your planning a stay in the sarasota area that you highly consider this hotel. best customer service ive ever seen, and incredible hotel in general. thanks!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gdpjr81684
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This is the second Hotel Indigo I've stayed in and this one is not quite as nice as the one in Fort Myers, but it's got some benefits over the average hotel room. The hotel is pretty new, clean and has charming decorative touches. One of my favorite things about this upscale chain from the Holiday Inn folks is that the floors are bare (wood-like laminate in this case) so no nasty carpeting. While the sleeping portion of the room is fairly typical in size and amenities, the bathroom is spectacular, with a large walk-in shower. The bed was a little to firm for me, but clean, quiet and clever decor go a long way toward making a room seem more homey.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank noduh
Reviewed November 12, 2010

As with most of our trip I booked the Indigo on the back of the tripadvisor reviews.

It was a lovely place, excellent reception staff and very nice room. We managed to walk the local area from the hotel - check out the Tiki Bar for a nice drink or ten! Or a taxi to St Armands Circle.

My only gripe was the air-conditioning - it had a mind of it's own! It clicked into action every 10 minutes or so in a very loud fashion. Which didn't bother me the first night when I was sloshed. But second it really annoyed - my wife did the sensible thing and fiddled with the control after I had complained one too many times!

My advice book it - but don't set the air con to 'Auto'!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

What a great hotel. From the lobby with it's oversized patio furniture (and I mean OVERSIZED) to arriving in the room with music playing and a tray on the bed with everything I needed, this place is great. Absolutely spotless, beds are perfect and great location. If you have a problem here, it's probably not with the hotel. I stay in over 100 hotels a year, this one is pretty neat.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business