“Great location, free airport shuttle” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Sarasota

Hotel Indigo Sarasota
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
metro Detroit
“Great location, free airport shuttle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Indigo. The location is fantastic, and the rooms were big, comfortable, and very nice. Excellent, comfortable beds. The service was very good at both the check-in desk and the restaurant. When I arrived and called them for their airport shuttle, their van was being repaired, so they paid for a cab for me. Only negatives: I wasn't thrilled with my meal at the restaurant, and prices at their snack bar are high. The hotel was about a 5-10 minute walk to downtown, where there are plenty of good restaurants. I would stay there again when coming to Sarasota.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Tamarac, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Our stay here for three nights could not have been any better than it was. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean and the mattress and pillows perfectly comfortable. The huge doorless shower was difficult to leave once you were enjoying the forceful stream of very hot water. The location was very convenient to everything: shopping at St. Armands Circle or downtown, the Ringling Museum complex, loads of excellent restaurants, etc. The underground parking was an additional plus, especially if it was raining. The next time we visit Sarasota we will definitely stay at this hotel again, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone thinking of spending some time in Sarasota.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

The hotel's decour is inviting and unique, the people are freindly and helpful, the room was very clean and the bathroom shower was especially nice, but...

The bed was almost as hard as the lovely hardwood floor. Neither my wife nor I slept very well - but maybe you like firm matresses. The location was okay, but just a little too far to be walking distance from anywhere (at least if you're dressed too nice to be sweating profusely or the lady is wearing heals). Oh, and the bar is beer & wine only. And I think all hotels should have MP3 player jacks. Who carries around CD's?

The fact that I nit-pick shows that overall, it's a fine hotel. But I wouldn't have minded splurging a few extra bucks for a better one. A pool would be nice. The price makes it only average. I'd recomend it, but only as an option among others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eastern_Roamer
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway based on the great reviews we saw on here and we were not disappointed! The staff were very friendly and helpful (Claudia and Michael in the Cafe were awesome!) and the room was beautifully decorated. Loved the large glass enclosed shower! Great location, only a few minutes away from St. Armands, Siesta Key and the Ringling museums. We well definitely be back on our next trip to Sarasota!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aam369
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

My 4 hr trip turned into 17 and I called the hotel to change my early arrival to a very, very late arrival. Julia at Hotel Indigo was very helpful in trying to find ways to get me to the hotel calling both shuttle services and car rental companies.

I arrived just before midnight and found that my room had been upgraded to a suite. And how suite it was! A beautiful room, soft and calm music wafted through the air, and a note of welcome greeted me. In all my travels, I have never received such a welcome.

The night staff listened to my tale of woe and the lobby bar renewed my energy. Every day, the staff greeted me by name, asked how my vacation was going, and made those personal touches that I have only experienced at a B&B. My six days there was wonderful. If/when I return to Sarasota, I will only stay at the Hotel Indigo. I emphatically recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Wish we could have stayed here longer. Beautiful; colorful decor. Very clean, comfortable bedding. The " mug" coffee maker had the best hotel coffee ever.Excellent staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Apopka, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

After reading the positive reviews on Tripadvisor, I was really disappointed with this hotel. The room was rather badly decorated, the air conditioner was extremely noisy and it did not work efficiently and the beds were not very comfortable. I believe the hotel is over-priced and not good value for the money we paid.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family