“Absolutely Beautiful Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Minneapolis
“Absolutely Beautiful Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

We were so pleased to discover this boutique hotel. The decor is the best I've seen in a hotel. The location is very convenient, near downtown Sarasota, right on the Tamiami Trail (US 41). The hotel restaurant is limited, but we were walking distance from many places to eat. The staff are friendly and the service is excellent. The big drawback is the lack of a full-sized pool, but there is a hot tub and a cold plunge pool.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Hotel is lovely, very clean which is most important to me. But, the make shift restaurant has no childrens menu nor could the bartender/waitress/only one working couldn't offer any suggestions for a small child, not accomodating at all. Booked city or bay view suite but neither is an option as hotel is oddly located our view was the parking garage of the hotel next door. Trash pickup was 6am, very loud and we were on the top floor! Housekeeping is very stingy with the toiletries as I asked for soap two days in a row and did not receive anything. Room service brougt stale bagel and awful coffee (can only get a "cup" no caraffe). This hotel is definitely for business not leisure, great for sleeping, cleanliness is fantastic, nicely decorated, love love love the wood floors! I would recommend for business travel, but not leisure due to the lack of amenities vs. price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank LuvthatsunFlorida
Marathon, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Clean, friendly, tasteful and fun. Great staff. I liked the framed intros for the housekeeping staff. It honors the anonymous women who work hard to make our stay a great one. Nice job.

• Stayed February 2010
Ocala, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed here for a long weekend at the beach- I really loved this place! Clean- very clean- and hip! The only hotel I've ever stayed at where I wasn't itching to come home!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

The simplicity of the rooms, the beautiful floors, the kind, kind staff all make this a great place to stay. I landed in Sarasota to attend a conference and when I arrived I received a phone call to tell me that my father had died. It was night and there were no more flights to Atlanta until the next day...so I went on to check into the hotel. The front desk staff were comforting and kind. I went up to my assigned room and a short time later, the same woman who had been sweet to me at the front desk came to my room with a bottle of wine and a chocolate bar and a sweet card from the hotel. I only stayed one night because I had to fly back home the next day, but I would stay there again if I am ever in Sarasota. Because I wasn't there long, I couldn't adequately check the boxes below, but I experienced the restaurant - casual and good food, the staff - nurturing and kind, and the decor/ambience of the room - comfortable and lovely.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We rented a car at Sarasota/Bradenton Airport and drove to the hotel. It took less than 10 minutes to get there.. Check in was fine (everyone was very friendly) and we asked for an upgrade to a room with a refrigerator. They said they would have to charge us some additional money, but when we checked out there was no charge. I even asked about it, but no charge :).

The room was great.; nice big comfortable bed , nice bath., wood floors and of course the little refrigerator . No in room safe , so I had to take a chance with my computer every day. I asked about safe deposit and it is available,, but I just didn't want to take the time to put it away and then pick it up, etc, etc...

No drawers for clothes, just the shelves and closet of the big armoire. The shower stall is clear glass so you may not want to use the bathroom while someone is showering, but it is very nice.

Small exercise room, but never busy.

Free wi fi . It was down a few times but they have free wired access and a printer available just off the lobby.

We had the buffet breakfast at the hotel on Saturday morning, it was very good and not expensive. (price?)

Free parking. Several parking spaces outside and a garage under the building. The underground garage was great for the rain , but otherwise it smelled of exhaust fumes.

Less than 10 minutes by car to St Armands circle and Lido beach, with no traffic.

I would definitely return. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Indigo is a great clean hotel with nice decorations. It really makes you feel that you are at a beach vacation. Cleanliness is very important to me; if I feel like the hotel is not clean, I don't enjoy my trip. That is why we decided to go there the second time. But this time, I thought there was a decline in quality; housekeeping was not as good as the last time. If I voted last time, I would give 5 stars, now I am giving four stars, though I still would go there for a third time.

Indigo is not by the beach, but there is no good hotel by the beach in Sarasota area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
4.5 of 5 stars 551 reviews
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lido Beach
BEST WESTERN PLUS Siesta Key Gateway
Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key

Been to Hotel Indigo Sarasota? Share your experiences!