“Authentic and yummy. Convenient location and great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of India Palace - CLOSED

India Palace
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: we serve the best authentic Indian food. Including Lunch buffet. We also offer VEGAN DINNER BUFFET on every Wednesday from 6p to 9p. The best Indian food in town.
Sag Harbor, New York
“Authentic and yummy. Convenient location and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

After rambling through Sarasota's weekly farmers market, four of us dined at India Palace today. We are all frequent global travelers, enthusiastic participants in local cuisines and have all been to India. Each of us commented on the authenticity of the food, the wonderful flavors and preparation, and the value in the India Palace buffet. Need I say more?!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Average Food - Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I guess the fact the place was empty when we arrived on a Sunday evening at 7pm, but we tried it. They charged $8 for a few papadoms, the food was "ok" but certainly nothing exciting. I found out this place is owned by the same people as the Gateway to India which I tried 3 times and avoid like the plague. There is only one Indian restaurant in Sarasota worth going to and that is the Tandoor! This place is not good enough for Main St, Sarasota!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank AndrewSarasota
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Food For A Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I love Indian food, and were happy to find out that there was a new Indian restaurant in Sarasota. Since we typically only get out to restaurants during lunch, we hit the India Palace to check out the buffet, and sampled just about everything in the lineup.

On the down side, you'll not find much in the way of ambience at this restaurant. But that's pretty much the only real nit I have to pick about this place.

The food, hands down, was excellent, especially the chicken tikka masala, which happens to be my personal favorite, and is probably the best I've ever had. I obviously can't comment on the dinner menu or anything that wasn't in the buffet that day (I don't believe there was a lamb dish, for instance), but what we did have was great...for $25, including the tip.

So, if you're in downtown Sarasota and have a hankering for Indian food, give India Palace a try.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
downtownresident
“Worst Indian Food Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went to this place shortly after it opened. Maybe they have worked out their kinks by now, but it was really quite awful. My boyfriend had lamb that hardly had any meat on it. I had malai kofta. It was overcooked and hard as rocks. I've never had anything so terrible at an Indian restaurant ever and I've been to many. The sauces were OK. I suppose I should have sent my whole dish back. Instead I sent a sample back so the cook could see how overdone the dish was, but I received no response or apology, or offer for a refund. Really disappointing for Main Street. Hopefully they will improve.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank downtownresident
dublin
“Excellent food. Great attitude.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I decided to have a lamb biryani which depending on the restaurant can come as is or be accompanied by a vegetable curry. When I asked the question I was told they normally served it dry but a veg curry was no problem. My food was really tasty although the lamb was a little tough. Shortly after I started eating the manager arrived to ask if all was okay and noticed I was struggling a little with the meat. He immediately had the biryani removed and the meat in the replacement was perfect. All of the staff were really friendly and helpful. I will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014