Beau Lido Suites
$99
$199
$285
$245
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$119
Lido Beach Resort(Sarasota)
$329
$249
$224
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$94
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$189
TripAdvisor
$399
  • Restaurant
All reviewspublic poollido keyold floridaarmand's circlelido beachgreat locationshort walkdeluxe suitewithin walking distanceone bedroom unitfully equipped kitchenreasonable rateshome away from homeshort staycarrieregattaaccommodations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I found St. Armands "by accident" while exploring the beaches south of Clearwater one day about 20 years ago & I've been back every year since. After lots of trial and error staying at different hotels of every price range I found the Beau Lido - that was several years ago and I have not been disappointed since -
It really is the perfect balance of location, amenities and price - just a few steps from the beaches (and great Olympic size pool) Yet it is just far enough away to really enjoy the peace and quiet that vacation is all about for me! Beau Lido has everything you need & nothing you don't -
AND Marty and Kerrl really go out of their way to accommodate any little quirky need you may have - If you want to enjoy some peace and quiet without breaking the bank, this is the place!

Room Tip: There are many different types of accommodations from 1 queen bed w/kitchen to multi room suites- NO pool on premises - BUT There is a great public pool a short walk away -
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank phil4li
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The good: 2 blocks from Lido Beach which is stunning, very helpful phone staff, clean room, mostly affordable for the area, and quiet.

The suboptimal (give me credit for being diplomatic): Beau Lido could try a bit harder to inject some character into the place. You know, landscaping that makes the patio more quaint and private, patio furniture that doesn't look like it was scavenged from a trailer park dumpster, a couple potted plants...that sort of thing. The location is so amazing if you could get past the depressing motel across the street, that I was temped to quit my day job and beg management to lit me spiff things up a bit. It exemplifies the mediocre in Florida that just isn't pretty.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kari M
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We (2 couples) stayed in the 1 bedroom apt March 31/13 to April 8/13. We were greeted by "Kerry" who made sure we were stocked with everything we needed and gave us a brief orientation. When we inquired about directions to the nearest supplier of cold beer, we were disappointed to learn that it was a bit further than we would want to walk, but were thrilled when Kerry provided us with a modest 'welcome gift' of a few refreshments and a bag of ice to speed up the chilling process. This alone would deserve an "excellent" rating. While also being responsible for the day-to-day housekeeping & maintenance, Kerry was basically our Concierge for the week, providing information and solutions to all of our questions and requests.

We were a bit concerned about having 2 couples in the 1 bedroom apartment but with a minor tweak of the furniture layout we were perfectly comfortable all week. The yard was neat and tidy, there is plenty of parking, our towel and toiletry supplies were sufficient and dependable, hot water was plentiful, the BBQ and laundry were operable and available, and the lawn furniture new, clean, and comfortable.

The location is fabulous. We could walk to the beach carrying the essentials and were close enough that if we forgot anything we were just a quick stroll back to the room to pick it up. We stayed at a Treasure Island beach front hotel April 9/10/11 and were actually closer to the water's edge from our room at the Beau Lido than the beach front room at TI. The beach pavilion is just a 3 minute walk from the BL; cold beer, hot food, and entertainment.

St. Armand's Circle, basically the Rodeo Drive of Florida's Gulf Coast, is only a 10 minute walk away, and if you'd prefer "Downtown" nightlife, shopping, & dining, a city transit bus runs regularly from St. Armand's to just about anywhere in Sarasota for $1.25, or you can get a taxi to the downtown for $20 all in; Patrick's, Mattinson's, & the Gator Club are my recommendations.

If you plan to stay at a Lido Beach facility you should scout out the logistics of where to get what you will need for your stay. There are no convenience stores, grocers, or gas stations on (this) side of the causeway. A trip over the bridge is no big deal, but less time running errands is more time relaxing.

Thank you, Beau Lido (and Kerry) for helping to make our vacation an excellent one.

Damien Dunn (and Millie, Spud & Peggy)

Room Tip: All the rooms appeared to be spacious and well attended to. We enjoyed the privacy of being near the rear corner of the facility.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DamienF66
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went end of Feb/beginning of March of 2012. I don't know why it has taken me so long to write a review. I have to start bysaying I loved it! A friend of ours recommended Beau Lido to us. I wasn't sure what to expect as I was only familiar with Lido Beach Resort. This time, we were not looking for luxury, but rather a place to sleep and store our things. I was pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival there was a letter addressed to me with the keys and a map to guide us to our room. The place is not very large but I thought the map was a nice gesture as was the welcome note. The room was a corner room and was much larger than I expected. It was simply decorated but enough to make you feel welcome. Everything was so clean! The bathroom looked like it had been renovated and again I could not get over the cleanliness of the space. We got settled and ventured out with our friend who had suggested the hotel. We walked directly across the street to the next hotel which charged probably double what we paid. We literally were steps from the beach and were paying half the price! We walked along the beach and as it was sunset, I was already mesmerized by the beauty of Florida. (we are from boston, so it was wonderful to be in such warm weather!) The next day we met up with our friend for breakfast in st Armand's circle. I could not believe how close we were to the circle. We ended up actually walking out of the circle to a great spot closer to Lido Beach Resort. Without a car, I was nervous about the proximity to everything. Clearly, no car was needed. We spent every day on the beach and every night in the cirlcle. We even ventured out into Sarasota city and listened to some wonderful live music. The next time I return to sarasota, I will be sure to stay at Beau Lido again. I cannot remember the woman's name who greeted us the day after we checked in but she seemed to be running the place. she was extrememly friendly and brought us new towels everymorning, leaving them on our little porch. I was very impressed by how clean and well kept up everything was. It has an older floridian feel but that is the beauty of it. It is a wonderful place. You are rt across the street from the beach and share the location with such hotels like the ritz and yet you aren't paying the ritz prices! Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jess P
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Traveled as family -2parents + 2 college kids. We stayed for 5nights in the stand-alone house, so that is the only place I can review. It is 2 bedrooms, but a 3rd bedroom can be added by unlocking a door in the living room area. Otherwise, that particular bedroom also has its own door to the outside- and can be rented as a single occupancy, small hotel room with fridge, microwave, tv, bathroom. Someone did occupy it during our stay as a single rental. It was kind of an 'odd' feeling to know that someone was on the other side of that door, and we could hear their tv in the evening(which meant they could probably hear ours!) It made me feel a little bit like we had to try to be a little more "quiet"- although no one told us that nor did we have any problems or complaints. Just out of respect, in the evening, I would not have yelled over to my kids' bedroom to ask a question while I was sitting in the living room. Just something to keep in mind if you think you are renting a 2 bedroom house which you will have all to yourself- you may have a nearby occupant within the bldg. The house was clean, clean. I never EVER saw one bug in the place, nor did anyone in my family comment on seeing any. I loved have a full kitchen, dishwasher. Plenty of pots & pans(with lids) and plenty of silverware, utensils. Nothing "high end" but it all worked well for our cooking needs. We had both a front door and side door, off the kitchen. It was really nice to have a 'house' and the neighborhood is soooo quiet and you feel really safe enough to leave both doors open, since they have screen doors! It was crazy to be able to do that in this day and age, but you never really saw anyone 'questionable' walking around this residential area. If inside just by myself, I probably would not have done that though(as a female...). Coming from Ohio, it was great to sit with doors open and a breeze coming through, in the month of March unheard of in Ohio! We also loved parking literally at the front door, and walking right outside to street level. No elevators, no long walks to the parking lot for the car. Open the door and Boom! you are right outside ready to walk over to the beach. The beach is 100 steps away, just across one road, which has clearly marked cross walks. Still need to look as you cross, but pedestrians have the right of way, and there is very little traffic. This brings you to the public beach for Lido Key. No hotels/condos block your access to the beach in this area. There is also a large, clean public pool at this location, along with a snack bar and some entertainment on certain days of the week. Pool is $4 adults, $2 kids. We did not use it nor did we buy any food items. You can rent an all-day umbrella $12 which is VERY sturdy and shades a large area. The guy puts it in for you, takes it down at end of the day. Also beach chair rentals. The house is a 10min. walk to St Armand Circle. This is the only large shopping/dining area on the island. Very busy place, great to window shop, dine, get out and about. Hard to believe how super BUSY the area is most of the time, with lots of traffic, when 10mins. away Beau Lido is quiet as a mouse! It is a great walk, SAFE thru residential streets if you don't want to drive and worry about parking a car. About the house overall: it is very much an older Floridian style home. It could use some updates for sure, you can tell it was built quite some time ago. It is not 'modern' like hotels/condos. It is very low key. If you are looking for glitz(as previous reviews have also said...) then this is NOT the place for you. It is older, QUIET and no night life. The beds are very FIRM as past comments have stated. That took getting use to. One drawback is that the bathroom is 'shared' btwn the 2 bedrooms. A door opens to each, you did have to shut/lock both doors. If you're the last one to bed, brushing your teeth late at night could wake both of the bedroom occupants. Also walls are thin in this older home. All of that being said, I would very much consider renting it again! If you want a lot of action, attention, and pampering however, you need to look at other properties. Carrie- who other reviewers have mentioned- is very nice, helpful. But the hours of someone being on property are approx. 10am- 4pm. Otherwise, there is a ph# to call. So you need to take care of most things during a short window of time. We did not have internet service for first 48hrs, it was not a huge problem for us, but it definitely could be for someone who is counting on having it!!! Don't know if this is an ongoing issue, since I have seen others comment on it......

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family