“We Loved It”
Review of Beau Lido Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Beau Lido Suites
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Great place to stay, A hidden Treasure. It was just what we were looking for. Room was excellent, service great. Just across the road from the main beach and around the corner
to all the shops and dining.

Room Tip: The 1 Room Apartment was prefect size.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Keith B

Reviewed September 1, 2011

The room is always clean and well-taken care of. Whenever i make a reservation to stay - it has always been accommodating and helpful.

Thank you - we will come back and stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Estherk87
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I relocated from New York to Sarasota, and needed a pet friendly place to sleep until I could get the keys to my apartment. Beau Lido is pet friendly. In fact, they don't charge extra for pets (unlike every other hotel), although they require a $100 per pet deposit which gets returned to you if your pet(s) don't damage the room.

The hotel itself is quite small, about 12 rooms. I was in a deluxe, which was like a studio apartment, with a full-size refrigerator, oven and microwave. The room was clean and spacious enough for my daughter, who came with me. The decor is early-beach (in keeping with the location of the place, which is close to the beach). It is also walking distance from St. Arnaud's circle.

Our room came with a queen-size bed (which was 2 twins pushed together) and a pull-out sofa. When we opened up the pull-out sofa, we discovered there were no sheets on it. We called the manager and they brought over sheets quite quickly. The sofa-bed itself was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. My daughter also complained that her bed was very uncomfortable as well. In addition, there were no pillows for sofa bed, so I used the one I had brought with me.

Since the office doesn't open until 11, the check-out process was nothing more than me leaving my key in the room. If this was the end of my story, I would be happy to recommend Beau Lido whole-heartedly. However, things have taken a turn for the worse since I left.

First, I discovered later the day we checked out that I had forgotten my pillow in the room. In addition, due to my early departure, I did not get a bill, and did not know whether I was getting my deposit back (I should since my dogs did no damage to the room). I have made numerous calls to the hotel. I have never spoken with a live person when I have called. Rather, I keep getting voice mail. I have left several messages. Finally, a day after my initial call, someone called me back and told me they would look into the pillow situation. It is now 3 days later, and I have yet to receive a call back. In addition, I still don't have a copy of the bill and don't know whether they charged for the pets or even what the total bill was.

This terrible lack of customer service has soured me terribly on the hotel, and has ruined what was otherwise a perfectly fine stay. As a result of this lack of attentiveness, I will never stay there again. In addition, if anyone wants a recommendation for a hotel in Sarasota, I will not be able to provide one for Beau Lido, or at least, I will recount my experience and let them make their own decision.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is possibly the best value in the area. My husband and I enjoyed a quick weekend to Sarasota with a stay at the Beau Lido. The reservation process was smooth and easy. Price was just right. Location is perfect – a short walk to the beach and a short walk to St. Armand’s Circle.

The grounds are lush and well-maintained. The room interiors are clean and tidy. Nothing fancy. Expect vintage Florida. Good for a short or long stay, kitchens have all the tools you need if you’d rather stay in.

There’s no pool, but we found one we could use at a neighboring resort when we parked ourselves at their tiki bar. Overall, a great value for a stay in a motel circa Sarasota’s 1960’s boom.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EcoStyle
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Beau lido is a great place to stay. We have been staying out there yearly for the past 9 yrs. It is not a fancy place and is simple in design and decor. each room comes equipped with a kitchen and utensils. It sits across from the beach and is only a short walk. It is perfect for the price and for the beach vacationer that wants to not have buyers remorse and an empty checkbook when they come back from vacation! We will continue to return there yearly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TiffyB35
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This room was very clean and comfortable. Nice place and very reasonable rates for the area . Very short walk to the beach, we really enjoyed our stay. We will be coming back for another weekend get away. St. Armand's is very close also. The management was very pleasant and helpful. If you like the older Florida places then you will enjoy it here. Great atmosphere, we both prefer the small business place than the big hotel chains.

Room Tip: Room was very nice and clean!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RMWill
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Just moved to Sarasota on a budget. Stayd here a month. And I miss it already. Thank you Marty & Carrie! For everything! Its Safe clean and walked everday to beach and circle

• Stayed: June 2011