“Never Again...”

Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
A TripAdvisor Member
“Never Again...”
Reviewed June 8, 2005

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The Department of Health should be notified of this filthy place. There was black mold in the room, the sheets were obviously not cleaned (very well) and it was obviously not safe and very expensive.

• Stayed February 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 12, 2005

I had the extreme misfortune of staying at the Family Inn in Feb. of 2005. There was a problem with reservations at our "real" hotel and this was the only place available during the peak "spring training" time in Sarasota. There was a large patch of black mold in the bathroom. The motel itself was filthy and worst of all, I did NOT feel safe. My girlfriend and I were "eyeballed" by the seedy characters drinking near the parking lot. There were no deadbolts. The doors could have been un-locked by a key from the outside. We slept very little before getting up about 5:00 am and taking a nap on the beach. This was by far, the worst, place I have ever stayed. I would sleep in my car before I ever stayed here again.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Sarasota hotels

Travelers also viewed these Sarasota hotels
Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport
Regency Inn & Suites
Regency Inn & Suites
#29 of 48 in Sarasota

Been to Family Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Family Inn

Property: Family Inn
Address: 4807 N Tamiami Trl, Sarasota, FL 34234-3871
Location: United States > Florida > Southwest Gulf Coast > Sarasota
Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Family Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Family Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.