“Florida Fresh Fish”

Off the Hook Seafood Co
Ranked #67 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "where Only The Freshest Fish Arrive, To Be Dined Upon"
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Surprisingly, it is hard to get good fresh affordable fish that is not fried in this part of Florida. This little neighborhood gem is delightful. Not the most organized place, but the meal is delicious. The ambiance is quirky and delightful and parking is right out front. We have been several times and enjoyed it.

2  Thank 68Lee1217

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a charming restaurant close to our home in Sarasota, but the food did not arrive as we ordered and was very bland. We got good recommendations on the wine from our server and the restaurant was not busy, so we cannot blame that. We will not be going back.

2  Thank Ellen R
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Have been to many over rated restaurants in SRQ. Off the Hook is another Sarasota secret gem in Gulf Gate that surpasses many others.
Delicious, fresh seafood, great service, cool atmosphere.
Very reasonably priced.

2  Thank SRQJerseyGrl
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have read reviews that the service was spotty, if not downright rude, but decided to take a chance. First the food was wonderful. I had NE clam chowder and Black Grouper, prepared exceptionally well. The waitress, Shannon, could not have been better. all four of us had the same outstanding experience.

3  Thank Jan S
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Tucked in a row of restaurants and small businesses in the Gulf Gate area, Off The Hook would be easy to overlook. DON'T!!! The fresh fish arrives at the restaurant in the AM, and they filet it right in-house. When fish is that fresh, you know it's gonna be tasty. The grouper I had was off-the-charts good, and the tomato bisque appetizer was also excellent. Good wine list, properly served. And speaking of service ... I was greeted at the door by the owner (I assume), and he constantly walked thru the dining room making sure everyone was happy. My server was knowledgeable and friendly. BTW, most of the clientele were dressed in "business casual" the night I was there. I was taking advantage of the Savor Sarasota special ($29 for a 3-course meal) so I can't talk about the regular prices, but judging from the wine prices, my guess is their menu is reasonable for the quality of food and service.

3  Thank Emily L