Homewood Suites by Hilton Sarasota
HotelIndigo.com
$216
$203
$89
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$106
$99
$239
$206
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
$129
$209
$195
$132
$128
All reviewsfruitville roadevening receptionlight dinnered smith stadiumbreakfast and dinnerfull size fridgehome away from homecomplimentary breakfastan extended staybreakfast staffclose to downtownfitness roombusiness tripwould definitely stay here againfront desk staffconvenient locationliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2009

My wife and I have stayed here before since it is near family. I have mentioned in a previous review that the hotel was intended as a nursing home (checked with manager and this was confirmed) but they stopped in the middle of building it and a few years later it was bought by Hilton. This is the primary reason the layout is so odd. You must leave the lobby/check in area to get to your room and with only two elevators at each corner your room could be quite a walk.
Except for one young lady behind the desk (Cassie) for the most part the staff is very friendly in particular Joe the engineer in charge of getting things fixed. He seems to be everywhere and is eager to please, a great assest.
The carpeting needd help as does the cushions on the sofa from over use. Breakfast and a managers light dinner four days a week is very good. I would recommend the hotel as a medium upscale hotel. It is clean and the pool is excellent. I have also noticed an improvement with the cleaning staff who are now doing a better job.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

The lobby is lovely, staff very pleasant and helpful. As we walked through the hallway to get to our room, I thought we might turn around and not even stay there. the hallways have a very unpleasant oder and are in need of new carpet and or a good vacume. The suite is perfectly adequate, nothing exciting, , well equipped, but the cushions on the couch are definitely past their prime, very uncomfortable and lopsided due to everyone sitting in the same place.
It appears the center of the carpet may be vacumed on a regular basis, but not the closets or edges of the room, they were piled with dust bunnies and the leads to a definite dust oder at all times.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2009

When I read the other reviews I was a little scared to stay but it wasn't bad. The hotel itself are more for those that have extended stays. There is a microwave, stove/oven, and fridge in each room with a small dining area with a coach and television. The beds are not the bad either. I have stayed at other Hilton chains are those are much better beds but the beds at homewood suites are fine.

They offer coffee all day and night and their breakfast is a small selection of eggs, breakfast sausages or bacon, cereal, milk, yogurts, produce, breads, muffins, and bagels with different condiments. There is no bar in hotel which would have been nice but there is a grocery store less then 3 blocks that you can get a "beverage" to take back.

The area itself is safe and a couple of times I walked to the grocery store with no problems but the traffic is pretty heavy. There is a Walgreens on the same street (within a block) and a McDonalds across the street. There's also a Kmart, Wendy's, and a clothing store next to the grocery store. There are also 2 malls within 10 miles which are pretty nice.

Overall I really didn't have any complaints; the staff was great and housekeeping did a nice job on the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This hotel has a lot of problems, so I'll try to be brief: 1. The bed was too comfortable. I was in Sarasota on business, and it was difficult to get out of bed in the morning! 2. The breakfast buffet had too many options. I could never decide among eggs and sausage, or French Toast, or just muffins or toast, or even what kind of juice. 3. The "Welcome Home" evening meal had too much food. Only one main option (burgers, chicken tenders, Mama's Meatballs, etc.), but then I had to decide on salad or no salad? What type of salad dressing? What kind of bread? Which side dishes? Wine or beer? 4. The staff can read your mind, that's scary. They seem to know what you want, even if you don't. I used the guest laundry, and purchased laundry detergent at the desk. I had to return because I forgot to get change for the machines, and the clerk asked if I was SURE I had enough quarters. I told her I did, but had to return again because I missed it. These people are too good. 5. The housekeeping staff is too friendly. I left early every morning, but when I returned in the evening, I was greeted with a note saying "Good morning! Have a wonderful day!", or something similar. Thank you, Maria and America! 6. Management and maintenance are obsessive about cleanliness. I mean, it never stops! It's 90 degrees in the middle of the day, and the maintenance man is out there cleaning the driveway with a power sprayer. I don't recall seeing that at any "high end" hotel I've visited. 7. It's too close to everything. You don't get to see the city unless you want to, because there are grocery stores, gas stations, liquor stores, restaurants, etc. within a few blocks (although a car is recommened... Fruitville Road is busy). 8. The price is too reasonable. People might bypass this hotel thinking it's too "cheap" to be any good (okay, management can feel free to ignore this complaint).

Okay, enough is enough, no one will read this far into the review anyway. While this is one of the better hotels I've stayed, especially at this price, it coud still use some small improvements. The television could have a few more channels, especially those people have become accustomed to such as the Food Channel, HGTV, etc. They could also go to flat screen TVs - it is a Hilton, after all. While they advertise that coffee is available 24-hours, it was cold when I tried to get a cup around 11am (breakfast is 6-9, 7-10 on weekends). The parking lot isn't large, and if you arrive later in the evening you could have a bit of a walk to your room. But these are minor details, this is a quality, well-run, clean, and enjoyable property. I know I enjoyed my six nights!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill_In_Memphis
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This was such a fine experience that I had to join the Hilton Honors Program. The suite was very clean and the staff absolutely accomodating and friendly. The pool was clean and inviting. The fantastic plus was the delicious breakfast buffet and the dinner treat. This was a single menu item served every nite except weekends . You literally dont have to buy food .Our first nite the dinner was meat loaf with gravy, mashed potatoes and corn with biscuits and drinks. You can enjoy as much as you can handle. The breakfast buffet was exceptional . They thought of every amenity and detail to make this a pleasurable stay for us. The kitchenetts were well thought out with all you need to prepare for a stay in meal. The bathrooms were very clean and well appointed. The air conditioner has a digital controls so you can set it to your desired temperature. The business center has two computers with a printer . We are planning a trip in august and will start looking for a homewood suites.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple