“Ok Chinese buffet.”

Oriental Buffet
Ranked #537 of 1,050 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Mongolian
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Same as any other Chinese buffet. Snow crab legs extremely salty. Probably intentional so you don't eat more after tasting one. Crab cakes overlooked and dry from sitting on the steam table. Most food just sitting to long and should be turned to help slow the food from drying out. I don 't expect we will be returning.

There are newer reviews for Oriental Buffet

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not your typical buffet. This one actually has hot food all day long. HUGE selection too. Enjoy all your favorites. Both from the Far East and American as well.

2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The selections were fresh and plentiful. Everything tasted great! The service was spot on. I would drive the hour to eat there, again and again!

1  Thank TSGallantPhotography
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This buffet has a lot of choices and is very filling. Mongolian Grill is available, as well as sushi. Boiled shrimp, salmon, oysters, salads are healthy choices. Fried chicken wings were greasy buy tastey. Bourbon chicken and ribs without bone are available. There are a few stuffed choices: stuffed shrimp which is a breaded mass to too much bread and stuffed mushrooms, which could fill you up with just a few big bites. The soups are hearty..I had the sweet and sour, filled with lots of tofu and whatever else is in there. Some regulars are 5'5 tall and 6' wide so try not to become addicted!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

My family was here last night and while my mongolian grill food and raw seafood was great, my wife and little boy couldn't find anything on the actual buffet that was actually hot. Everything seemed to be luke warm. I understand that the food can sometimes sit at these places but everything that they got? Especially when you consider with tip, the meal was a total of $30. Not worth it for luke warm buffet food.

However, I really did enjoy my food but the buffet is the reason to go to an all you can eat Chinese restaurant in my opinion. There were a lot of desserts and everything seemed to be clean and the service was good but it all comes down to the food which, while my wife did say tasted good, was simply not hot enough. I would consider giving it another shot though as we might have just timed it out to where a lot of the stuff had been sitting there and was about to be replenished.