“Authentic Carolina/Virginia Style BBQ”
Review of Wild Hogs Southern Comfort BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wild Hogs Southern Comfort BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Sarasota, Florida
“Authentic Carolina/Virginia Style BBQ”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I eat here about once a week. Every item on the menu, from the entrees to the sides are the real deal... The prices and portial sizes are awesome! The staff is friendly and accommodating! Great food and bar drink specials daily, especially the happy hour... The place is neat and clean and the smokey aromas only enhance the experience. Highly recommended!

Bradenton, Florida
“Good Food, Horrible Service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Visited Wild Hogs for the first time two nights ago and left disappointed. There were five tables with customers in the dining room and one server. We were seated 10 minutes before some one came to take our drink and food order. Ten minutes later I tackled the server and asked about our beers. I saw her go behind the bar and pull our beers. The beers and food arrived at the same time. My wife ordered a beef brisket sandwich with a coleslaw side (everything came with corn bread and a pickle) and I ordered a half slab of ribs with mac and cheese. My wife's sandwich came with pork and beans and I got a plate with a half slab and beef brisket and two side including cole slaw but no mac and cheese. I suggested to the server that she give my wife my cole slaw to make her order complete but she took my order back as well as my wife' pork and beans. Another 10-15 minutes went by and I asked the server where was my food. She said it wasn't her fault. My wife had finished her sandwich when my food arrived (with no corn bread or pickle) and I asked the server to bring my wife her cole slaw. The food was good but the unbelievably bad service ruined the dining experience. I don't blame the server as I doubt she every had 5 minutes of training and little to no support from the kitchen but they are supposed to be operating as a customer-friendly restaurant. I saw the manager come in and go into his office and then come out and socialize at the bar. Perhaps he should be visiting the tables to find out how the customers are doing. If you want to try this place, I recommend you sit at the bar as that server seemed to have little to do but chat with her customers.

• Visited October 2013