“Family of four review...”

Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Michigan
“Family of four review...”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I teeter on average and poor for this location... Here's the good: my kids enjoyed the pool, it's location is close to Siesta Key, having kitchenette was major plus to avoid eating out. Here's the bad: first room they wanted to put us in smelt HORRIBLE - I mean I think an animal had just urinated there! The cleaning service as soon as I walked out knew what room I had come from so given they knew you'd think the owners would do something about fixing the issue. Anyway they moved us & the next room was better but you still knew you were staying somewhere "animal friendly". In part our bad I suppose because we didn't know it was "pet friendly" upon making the reservation.. The front desk personnel that moved us was never again friendly - he wouldn't look up from his computer screen anytime we entered the office area which mind you was every AM for breakfast. That is unprofessional - I paid $ to stay here - greet your guests! The pool is small so if you go during busy season that could be annoying. The fan/ac unit is in the bedroom so in order for my kids at night to feel any of it the door to our bedroom had to be left open. It is very loud as well! You can't hear the TV in the bedroom if it's on. The size of the pull out couch is the smallest "full size" I have ever seen and the mattress on it reminded me of a crib mattress... very thin! Possibly if we were to rent a 2 bedroom it would've been better but we had the 1 bedroom unit. One more positive was we needed sharp knives and the owner was very kind to go buy some but then again is that positive that the room wasn't equipped with 1 single sharp knife............

Room Tip: maybe higher floors have less pets so the pet smell less likely... not sure
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Rockford, Michigan
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 12 nights in February and were very pleased with the property. The suite was perfect, kitchen facilities were just right and the location was great. Totally enjoyed ourselves. Purpose of the trip was to convince my husband how great it was to be out of the Michigan weather and thanks to you folks it was a successful trip! Would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathymichigan2014
sandra z, Manager at Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully your husband enjoyed it just as much and you will return for another stay with us.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a very nice play to spend your Florida vacation. Beautiful efficiency rooms, with nice living room kitchen and bedroom. They have a wonderful heated pool with waterfalls, gas grill, and plenty of seating. Breakfast is included....which is also very impressive!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cj W
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We liked Hibiscus Suites so much before that we returned in 2014. It is a nice simple hotel which allows you to feel at home, with efficient kitchenettes, 2 TVs, and a swimming pool available if you decide to do nothing.
The sound of water is present throughout the property with fountains and waterfalls in the common areas, this makes it very charming. Breakast is available but we decided to do our own in our great kitchenette. LOCATION is a plus. At this hotel you are only a couple of miles from the fabulous Siesta Key with the best beaches of white sand in Florida; easy to visit the multiples attractions of Sarasota and well located for shopping for our special breakfast. We would not hesitate to visit Hibiscus Suites again and again. A definite plus for price and location.

Room Tip: If you plan to cook or buy groceries, ask for a room on the ground floor, there is no elevator to th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GloriaSilvestre
We are always excited to see return guests. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. The fountains are a pleasant addition. We look forward to seeing you again next time you return to sarasota
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in march nice getaway from the Chicago/Michigan winter. The Hibiscus was clean and comfortable. The employees were very nice and helpful. The pool area was nice place to relax. The breakfast was good. The hotel is a short distance from beach and restaurants. We liked the location cause it wasn't in the hustle and bustle of the down town area. This hotel is not 5 star but a very good 3-4 it's clean the beds are comfortable we don't need much more than that cause u don't go on vacation to stay in your hotel room. The prices are reasonable. We would absolutely stat here again.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank redpoppie
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We would be even more pleased to see you return to us in the future
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 very relaxed nights. Clean, comfortable accommodation, very comfortable bed, good breakfast, nice pool area, friendly staff. Yes, road noise at the pool but no problem for us. We were in room 201 at the back of the building which was very quiet at night. Could park our car right outside our room. Beautiful beaches and good restaurants a short drive away.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeBGardner
sandra z, Manager at Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the road noise by the pool. Thank you for the review and hope to see you soon
Sarasota
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The other reviews raved about this hotel, so I made reservations. Had the other reviews been more honest, I would not have been disappointed and probably not have stayed here. I was shocked to see this a good-old-fashioned MOTEL, NOT a hotel, and definitely not "upscale". I had no option as everything else was booked, so stayed.

The staff was exceptional....very helpful and friendly and professional. But do NOT think you are getting an "upscale" or even "nice" hotel. This is an old property-- a MOTEL. Rooms were a good size, but it was old......chipped paint, old fixtures, missing grout, dingy, light bulbs out or not working. It was just ok, safe enough. But don't expect anything other than "OK", a place to stay. There is no reason to get excited about it.

I paid top dollar ($178/night) expecting a comparable value...I did not feel I got it. I had 2 rooms over the course of my stay...the 2nd floor was ok to sleep in even though I could hear barking and some traffic noise through the walls. The 1st floor room had a lot of street noise and the ghastly fumes from the diesel engine on the trash truck overwhelmed my room.

Don't get me wrong....this isn't horrible, its just ok. But the reviews I read prior to going made me think this was a "NICE" place and so it was disappointing. Its a typical Motel, mediocre, needs TLC, attention. If these details were paid some attention my review might be diferent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Joan J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
#12 of 12 in Siesta Key
Tropical Breeze Resort
Tropical Breeze Resort
#5 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Hibiscus Suites - Sarasota / Siesta Key? Share your experiences!