“Bar-Ba-Que haven”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Bar-Ba-Que haven”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We are so glad we stopped at this awesome BBQ place just off the highway. Excellent BBQ and great service. The sides we equally as good. For the seasoned southern bar-ba-que-er maybe it ain't the best but for us Yankees it's just fine. Much better than the average in the northeast. Next time we are in the area we are stopping here again :) Loved it !

• Visited July 2013

“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I wanted to like this place. We always try to visit the small "Mom and Pops" whenever we go on vacation.
Let me first say that barbecue is a passion for me. I smoke a lot of meat for friends and family, so I feel that I have a pretty good idea of how this is suppose to work. Frankly, the pulled pork sandwich that I received was about 50% uneatable. When you prepare pulled pork, there is often some waste(bits of cartilage and visceral tissue that is not broken down in the cooking process). It is this waste that I was served.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank airstream jedi
Sarasota, Florida
“Best BBQ In Sarasota”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have eaten at The Oaks for decades going way back to the prior location on Stickney Pt Rd and 41. Hands down the best BBQ in Sarasota. True Southern style chopped pork, beef, ham and other meats plus excellent ribs and chicken. Lots of sides to choose from. I like the baked beans and stew the best. The cole slaw is good as well. Also great sweet tea.

While they offer some non-bbq items such as fish which aren't bad, I would recommend the chopped pork, ribs and chicken. Traditional tomato base southern bbq sauce is excellent and I frequently buy extra to take home.

If you are hungry, the all you can eat platters are your best choice. You can sample plenty of the meats and all of the sides.

If you are a Northern visitor that likes ribs baked in an oven with the sauce covering them throughout the baking process this may not be the place for you. This is a true southern bbq cooked over hardwoods in an open pit.

• Visited May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Traditional BBQ joint. Nothing fancy but sure has great food. I had the pork sandwich with baked beans and cole slaw. My husband had a smoked ribeye steak sandwich and it was awesome. Smoked prime rib on Thursday nights can not be missed. Very casual service but friendly.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Over-rated food, decor a testament to taxidermy”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Selected this restaurant due to its high rating on Trip Advisor. Food was decent, but all sauces were mustard based so we found that a little limiting. Portions were fine, and price was good. However, the incredible number of stuffed animal heads peering down at you from every corner of the place was a bit unsettling. I also saw not one, but two animal tails pinned to the wall. If you like taxidermy and mustard based sauces, then check it out. Personally, I prefer the food and the atmosphere at the Sonny's, where we went the next night.

• Visited April 2013