“Clam Chowder saved this review.”
Review of Bob's Boathouse - CLOSED

Bob's Boathouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am not sure which Bob's Boathouse some of these folks went to, but I cannot see five stars here as the place is still working out the kinks and menu. I would have given it two stars, but the soup of the day was clam chowder and I must admit, it was some of the best I have had in a while. Perhaps we visited while the restaurant was too newly opened, or were too afraid to splurge on $21 shrimp romeoulade while sitting in an abandoned marina with the service staff dressed like a boat mechanic. I am not kidding, everyone is dressed in a mechanics shirt with the name Bob on it - personally I liked that, but it does not evoke a lot of confidence to spend more than $10 or $11 dollar on a plate of food. For that price, you are relegated to a fish sandwich, broasted chicken, hamburger, a salad or a hot stone with choice of shrimp, tuna, chicken, or beef. One daughter had the hamburger, the other had the broasted chicken, my wife had a salad and I tried the hot stone with beef. As you can see, other than the clam chowder, which was really good, we just could not bring ourselves to go heavy on the seafood here. Two items of note - the broasted chicken was not bad and I rather had fun with the 450 degree salted stone brought table side that allowed me to cook my own steak - it came with pita bread, onions, and green peppers so I made sort of a grilled steak pita sandwich. Perhaps we will give this place another try in a few more months, but only when they are serving clam chowder as the soup of the day again - May the Lord bless all of your meals with great company and great food.

1  Thank D L
There are newer reviews for Bob's Boathouse

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have lived in Sarasota my whole life and dined at many places and this place is one of my favorites. Good food!!! Good service I would recommend stopping in...

2  Thank Jim M
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went here because they had live music from 3 to 7 Sunny Jim played there and was great, the server Eric was outstanding never hurried us, was ok with us having just drinks or even just water while we listened they had a great special on bloody Marys at 1.99 ea. I had the grouper sandwich with a big hunk of meat, my wife had a chicken sandwich that she also thought was good. It was just simple lunch food but everyone from the servers to the bus boys were so great I, d go back again.

3  Thank MinnScooter
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent food, service, atmosphere and music! Definitely will be back! Had a wonderful time. 5 Stars!

2  Thank T H
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Took my girlfriend out last night for the first time to Bob's.
Appetizer: calamari w/ a caper sauce and French onion soup. Both tasty and hot.
My date had the pecan encrusted salad. It was a nice size salad for the money.
My grouper was blackened and tasty. I got garlic mashed and steamed veggies with it. All tasty.
Our waitress was knowledgable and made recommendations on the appetizers.
Drinks came out right away. At about 9pm a local band started playing and the female singer was belting out some phonemail vocals! We danced and drank a few margarita's
We stayed till 11:30 and called it a night. By that time a pretty good crowd had shuffled in.
I think I will bring a few of my buddies back on Friday night.

3  Thank Lane T