“Great for a Date!”

Bob's Boathouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Took my girlfriend out last night for the first time to Bob's.
Appetizer: calamari w/ a caper sauce and French onion soup. Both tasty and hot.
My date had the pecan encrusted salad. It was a nice size salad for the money.
My grouper was blackened and tasty. I got garlic mashed and steamed veggies with it. All tasty.
Our waitress was knowledgable and made recommendations on the appetizers.
Drinks came out right away. At about 9pm a local band started playing and the female singer was belting out some phonemail vocals! We danced and drank a few margarita's
We stayed till 11:30 and called it a night. By that time a pretty good crowd had shuffled in.
I think I will bring a few of my buddies back on Friday night.

3  Thank Lane T

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went to Bob's when they opened and it wasn't pretty.

Just a month and a half later, the food is EXCELLENT! We enjoyed the food so much I asked to meet the Chef. Turns out they have 4 Chef's, two working on any given day. All preparing awesome meals.

The wait staff is attentive and polite. Some restaurants have the "howdy" type wait staffers who interrupt your meal to talk. Bob's people seem to be trained to be low key even quiet and do their job with out making themselves the center of attention.

The ambiance is casual and lay'ed back. (I call it Florida Flip Flop). My wife and I enjoy the sound of the water fall at the outside dining area overlooking Philipi Creek.

We have been there 6 times now and had the Filet (med rare), the Grouper (blackened), the Burger (med rare), with Sweet potato mash, garlic mash, steamed veggies. EXCELLENT Main course.

My wife enjoys the Eda-mame or the Calamari appetizer. I enjoy the Sha-shi-mi and the french onion soup. EXCELLENT Appetizers.

My sons order the large portion of Fish n' Chips or the burgers (juicy) and my daughter loves the Pecan Encrusted Chicken Salad. EXCELLENT.

After dinner we have made it a habit of ordering the "worlds smallest hot fudge sundae".
We love it because it is just a couple tasty bites to satisfy the pallet and its gone. It's no fun being full and having to overeat desert at the end of a meal. Plus its just .99 cents.

My family and I highly recommend Bob's for a casual night out.

2  Thank Keith T
Reviewed January 6, 2014

On Nov. 17, 2013 I ate at this restaurant with 5 family members, 4 from out of town. Our 6 entrees ranged from $18.95 to $22.95 and of these, only 2 (plank salmon) were alright. I was embarrassed for the food and lack of service, as we were one of 2 tables occupied on the porch. The grouper entree was over cooked, the scallops were a joke (4 cut in half width wise, 1/4"), & frozen, tough shrimp.

Save $$ and disappointment and go to Phillipi Creek Oyster Bar across the creek.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This place was in construction for ever before they finally opened. The ambiance is great due to awesome decor. A lot of thought put into it. As far as the food, I had a Salmon sandwich which was very good, but very simple, no "custom" sauce or anything. My husbands burger was overcooked, which brings me to the waitress, who was not very professional, didn't know the menu or the content in a dish, she probably didn't tell the cooks how my husband's burger was supposed to be cooked. Before ordering his burger, my husband asked how big the beef patty was, she told us it was like Burger King. What kind of server (for a local restaurant) is going to compare a burger to Burger King? She needs to know the size of the patty in my opinion. The bus boy was more helpful and knowledgeable.
The beers on draft are the common ones, I like to try something new or more local when we go out.
The menu is a little disappointing, I was hoping to see more shellfish, and seafood.

We will go back and try again so we make a fair decision, and possibly have a better server that makes our experience a little better.

1  Thank AmericanEagleFL
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Where else but Bob's can you have Twinkle rockin the place on one side and the Romantics swinging it with cool jazz on the other....while great food like a short ribs dish and salmon salad are being served by smiling enthusiatic and humble people glad to be there ring in the New Year!!!!!!! Excellent excellent excellent... happy new year ...Bob's is here to stay!

1  Thank Gusmollet