“Place to go if you want bad food at low prices.”
Review of Turtle's

Turtle's
Ranked #199 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We tried two different wines that were too lousy to drink. We traded them for a similarly undrinkable margarita.

Prices on the menu were very low, 9-13 dollar range for most stuff. I know that you get what you pay for, but the food quality didn't even live up to that low standard.

I ordered crab cakes. What I got were two flat croquettes that had a strange similarity to a crab cake. When we got the bill it was listed as lobster cakes at $22, making it one of the highest prices on the menu. When we asked the waiter about this, he explained that they don't serve crab cakes, so they gave me the lobster cakes instead.

1  Thank elroseman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am a local and please don't waste your time or money on tasteless food or service. We ordered the lobster appetizer and our waitress wasn't aware it was on the menu and no clue as to recommendations for entrees that I attribute to poor training. The lobster was the best part of the meal. We ordered the Surf & Turf delivered by a manager who said "Can I throw these plates down in front of you?" One had an undercooked baked potato that was replaced. We ordered Filets medium with one barely pink and the other tough, overcooked and both with no flavor. My friend could not eat the turf due to the smell. No one came to check if our steaks were cooked correctly. When our waitress came to clear the table and saw our unfinished meals she said "Oh you're full?" I said "No it wasn't good" to which she replied "I I wish you had said something sooner." Hard to do if no one comes to serve your table and never asks if we would like another cocktail which is something we wanted. If she advised Management of the problems no one bothered to visit our table. When we left two supposed managers at the front made eye contact with me. Neither spoke a word and it was obvious they didn't care to not even utter thank you.

2  Thank 66DeAnna10
Reviewed November 8, 2013

A group of us sailed in here while on a cruise in the inland waterway. I must say that I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised. We had the Salmon BLT, Fish & Chips, Lunch wedge salad, a BLT, a shrimp cocktail, a side salad, and 5 cups of bisque. All the food was very good and reasonably priced. The service was pleasant though somewhat spotty. Food for 6 came to $66.00. Three draft beers were $15.00. Good sail up spot.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visit twice a year (May and November) when we are picking up or dropping off my in-laws. We look forward to the mussels and they never disappoint!!! Make sure you ask for extra bread so you can dip into that wonderful white wine/butter/garlic sauce.

Lovely table by the water.

Staff can be very busy at times, but on our last visit (this evening), we had the pleasure of being served by Eric who was now on his second day of work at Turtles! Charming and helpful, he made our dining experience very nice.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went there for my birthday. I felt like our waiter was always rushing us. We started out with drinks. I ordered a Sangria which tasted like a glass of red wine. There were 3 people in our party. The waiter did not write down our order. I ordered the Grouper and so did my friend. It tasted like it was fresh out of a bag. The worst Grouper that I had all week and I ate it almost every day. My friend felt the same. Her husband had orded a different fish meal and was brought the Grouper instead. We did not even say anything about that. The fourth order was for a different dish and she was also brought the Grouper meal. She sent hers back and asked if they would make what she had ordered. The waiter acted very disturbed that the order was not correct. The potatoe selection was also incorrect on one of the orders. Overall the experience was not good at all and I will never go back. Fresh fish would have been nice!