“Siesta Key Rum tour”

Siesta Key Rum
Ranked #1 of 14 Food & Drink in Sarasota
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At our Sarasota, Florida distillery our spirits are hand-crafted from start to finish in small batches using only the finest ingredients and hands-on distillation in a copper pot still. Our distillery is open for free tours and tastings. You must pre-register on our website or by phone to attend tours. Our gift shop/tasting room is open Tuesday through Saturday from 12 to 5.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went as a family group-all adults. Hit the tasting room first and got a sample of all there products and a very good description of each, which was good since we were rum rookies. Following this we had a tour of the production area from Troy who is passionate about his product its quality. Lot's of time to ask questions, and we recieved great information. Then back to the tasting room. No pressure to purchase- but BUY the Spiced Rum! It is the best!

1  Thank parrottHead1960
in 16 reviews
"well worth the visit"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great and informative tour. Tasting room is so much fun. Would go back again. There was no fee. Love their rum.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nothing better than supporting a family owned and run business that cares about their product, cares about their customers, and cares about their town. They walk you through the whole process, supply a small sample of the wares, and ask for feedback on trial batches. A great little facility, and a winning product that is earning gold medals against the big batch guys. Rum done Right!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We went on a tour of this very neat rum factory. The tour was given by the owner, founder mixologist carpenter and head honcho! Yes all one knowledgeable down to earth guy. Even tho I live in Sarasota- it was a great afternoon!
We had a fun filled tour and got to taste some very nice rum. We even brought a bottle!
I would recommends this while visiting this area for sure.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am not a frequent rum drinker, and I know nothing of the nuances that true rum drinkers spend their lives discerning. However, my girlfriend surprised me one Saturday by taking me on a tour of Siesta Key Rum's distillery. I simply loved it. The tour guide was great. (He was one of the owners, so I should have remembered his name, but I didn't.) I very much enjoyed learning about the distillation and bottling processes, and I tried two of their products. I bought one bottle of what I call sipping rum for about $20, and I enjoy having a bit on occasion. I strongly suspect that anyone who knows anything about rum will love the tour and the product even more than I did. Try it. You have nothing to lose. It is definitely not a high-pressure sale. It is clear that the owners enjoy having visitors!