“Fabulous Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lazy Lobster

Lazy Lobster
Ranked #87 of 1,029 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alexandria
“Fabulous Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went to the Lazy Lobster after finding a menu for it in the condo we were renting and my parents really wanted some fresh seafood. Our group started as 6 and quickly grew to 15 as we were waiting for a table (less than 10 minutes). The manager was so kind with our numbers continuing to change and within a few minutes had tables all set up by each other for all of us to sit and eat together. The service was amazing - from drink taking to food recommendations. The manager even came to check on us and refilled beverages as needed. The food was so good. My parents absolutely LOVED the seafood. I don't eat seafood but had plenty of other choices to choose from. Overall, this is a great restaurant and would recommend it to everyone - as long as you want geat food, a very friendly wait staff, and a great atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012

Florida
“Worn and previously frozen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I don't understand the preponderance of favorable reviews of this Lazy Lobster. The restaurant decor and furnishings are tired, frayed and worn. As expected, the menu is almost all seafood, mostly variations of lobster and shrimp. I chose fried asparagus appetizer (not quite tempura but light and tasty) and Stuffed Shrimp Norma-shrimp stuffed with crab???/spinach mix and wrapped in thick pastry-imagine pigs in a blanket but not as tasty. My dining partners, both 84 y/o and also native Floridians, seemed to enjoy their fried shrimp, in a batter heavier than suggested by the menu description. Wine list was better than average. Service was friendly and efficient. Overall, my visit did nothing to change my long held opinion that good, fresh seafood is hard to find in Sarasota.

2 Thank VTtraveler50
sarasota,FL
“Superbly created seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Food is excellent. A bit out of the way, don't let that from stopping you enjoy a wonderful meal. Service is also excellent.

Visited July 2012
sarasota FL
“Much better than I remember!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I went on a weeknight, and sat at the bar. Had great service, a superb lobster bisque and a so-so mac and cheese. The bisque was out of this world. I shall return to try the food again. Several years ago it seemed to be overpriced and not so good. I will give it another try!

• Visited September 2012
scra
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“4 star restaurant with great value and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Family recommended this restaurant. We tried it on our last night before departing from vacation. The atmosphere was lovely: white tablecloths on the table and a saltwater fish tank in the center of the room. The dining area looked out to a beautiful courtyard. The bread came with a yummy hot and sweet dipping sauce. We had the bang shrimp appetizer. It was a small (but delicious) portion. We ordered tea & coke, side salads, and both had the lobster mac & cheese. The food was good. We came before 5:30 so the prices were less. Our bill was under $50. The friendly owner was greeting people, and I could tell he wanted to make sure everyone was happy and welcomed. He even came outside and took our picture afterward. We really loved it and glad it was our last stop on our vacation. Highly recommend! Best wishes for your restaurant!

• Visited September 2012