“Great stay-cation for locals!”

Liquid Blue Outfitters
Ranked #2 of 81 Tours in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Sarasota and the Lido Key Mangrove Tunnels with dolphins and manatee with Liquid Blue Kayak Outfitters. We offer kayak rentals and kayak tours located and launching from the Ted Sperling Park on Lido Key in Sarasota. We also offer private and group tours. We are a small family owned Eco-outfitter with a passion for the outdoors! Call us today for reservations.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great stay-cation for locals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Easy to work with, great prices, convenient! Such a fun afternoon- even if you're a local;) Such a neat experience. Kelly was very knowledgeable!

Brentwood, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best part of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife, 9 year old boy, 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl decided to do this as part of our recent trip to Siesta Key earlier this month. We had two kayaks total. One little guy went with my wife and the other two were with me as the little one got the "princess seat" on my kayak. Not to worry, there was no effort exerted on her part other than eating snacks for most of the trip.

We had never kayaked before and weren't sure how this would go with our young kids but I'm very glad we did it. As many others have said, Kelly is a great guy and really good at what he does. He clearly knows what he's doing but he also cares for the environment and the animals in a way that is endearing and contagious. The highlight of our excursion was seeing a mother manatee with her new baby. The mangrove tunnels are challenging to navigate for new kayakers but they're also unlike anything I have ever seen. If you're even considering this, just do it. You'll make lifelong memories.

1 Thank Brent G
Copenhagen, Denmark
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Kelly is the man”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

If it's out there I will find it was one of the first things our guide Kelly said - and he was right! We saw lots of wildlife, herons, ospreys, a couple of dolphins and the big highlight, a large group of manatees, which swam under and around our kayaks - wauw.
A great area to do the kayak trip, with lots to see, from the wildlife to seeing the houses of the Lido from the water to another highlight, the mangrove tunnels and of course Kelly, a great guide - he IS the man!

Bloomingdale, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Price Amazing Experience Excellent Host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

After meeting Kelly (AKA - Tim McGraw, we thought we were being "Punked" and it was him). My husband and I and two 17 year olds got in to the kayaks. We pulled out into the water and were immediately greeted by several sets of dolphins; it was amazing. Kelly was extremely knowledgeable about marine life (even showed us a starfish) and the history of the area. He was so excited to show us mantee's and provide us a lot of interesting facts about them. He was also very conscience of the need to protect them and the other wildlife. When we approached the mangrove tunnel.. and he briefed us about what we were going to encounter.. we could not wait. It was an amazing time and we saw so many things. A great time had by all. Highly recommend it!

Sarasota, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

My family & I recently did a kayak tour with Kelly and we had blast! I am a Sarasota native and this was my first kayak tour. Kelly made it so enjoyable and surprisingly easy! We saw a manatee, lots of fish & wildlife and the beautiful mangroves. I was a little unsure about going in July, considering it gets so hot outside, but being on the water, it was a very comfortable temperature with the breeze. Kelly is a wealth of information about sea life, birds & kayaking. Great family fun and not to mention, a super fun way to exercise! We will be back. Highly recommend.

1 Thank tiffles88