“You Won't Have Munchies After a Philli Steak and Cheese!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Munchies 420 Cafe

Munchies 420 Cafe
Ranked #426 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television
Sarasota, Florida
“You Won't Have Munchies After a Philli Steak and Cheese!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Even though the concept for the name of this awesome place is self explanatory, they hit a home run with it. This place opens at 4:20 in the afternoon and closes at 4:20am. The restaurant is located in a little village with other restaurants and bars. It's called Gulf Gate. The steak and cheese is 100% the best. Rumor has it, they get their bread from Philli. The fried Twinkie is another great invention from munchies. I don't know if that dish is on hiatus in light of the death of the Twinkie. Munchies speaks for itself. You know you have something worth while when the food network features your restaurant.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mary N

Jacksonville, Florida
“Holy munchies on a sub roll!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is called Munchies 420 and that pretty much sums up the expectations. If you're looking for fine dining and clean cut wait staff, then you're going to be really dissapointed. They're open from 420 pm to 420 am and were showing uncut Katt Williams comedy on the tv's. If you don't know about him, let's just say it's not kid friendly or appropriate for the modest. Munchies is a really small store front restaurant and at the time we went, which was around 12:00 am, there was only one girl working the counter. She was covered with tattoos and piercings and really nice and efficient. Theres one bench and 4 small tables inside, but plenty of benches outside to sit at. We were lucky and got a table. We got our food in 15 minutes, which was brought to us by the girl at the counter. It's REALLY hard to pick what you want to eat b/c these sandwiches are so different and packed with everything including the kitchen sink. We knew the sandwiches were going to be pretty hefty, so my husband and I split a Fat Sandy. The sandwhich had 2 cheeseburgers, mozz sticks, potato spuds, onion hoops, chicken fingers and then topped and smothered with mac and cheese. Holy hell on a sub roll it was good! We couldn't figure out how to eat this behemeth of a sandwich....hands, fork, cut into pieces? Basically we had to do all 3 it was so packed with food. You wouldn't think a sandwich with this much stuff on it could go together but it does. As you're eating your way through and having stuff constantly falling out on the paper and your lap, you taste each component that's in it. You can't be modest and dainty either when eating here. I pretty much had mac and cheese all over my face and hands. Nobody cares though b/c everyone looked like that and all we kept hearing was "mmmmm.". With the sandwich we got an order of tots, which were good. The last part of our meal was the magical fried twinkies!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my these were heavenly. You get 2 perfectly crispy fried twinkies covered in chocolate, strawberry and marshmellow sauce. I would come back here just for those. They also have fried cheesecake and icecream, which I'm sure are just as tasty. The combo's will run you about 12 dollars. The desserts are around 4 dollars. This place isn't cheap, but for the amount of food you get it's worth it. Plus, most people I'm going to assume can't eat a whole sandwich on their own, so splitting one would make a trip there a lot cheaper. If my heart can take it, I will definitely come back here to try some of these other sandwiches and for more fried twinkies!!

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Fl
“Late night food stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Driving from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa, I started getting hungry around 11pm. I remembered seeing Munchies 420 Cafe on Man vs. Food and wanted to try one of their Fat Daddy Sandwiches. I dropped in with my son, I'm thinking we aren't their typical clientele. When I started reading the signs and bumper stickers I realized this is a "I've got the munchies" restaurant. Their sandwiches are insane. The Fat Daddy had hamburger beef, cheese steak beef, chicken tenders, mozzarella cheese sticks, fired potatoes, and more on it. The onion rings were excellent. The menu is large so whatever you crave, it's probably on there. They are only open 4:20pm to 4:20am. It all makes perfect sense now. WARNING: They are currently remodeling and the place is a mess.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Truck Food in a Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Being from New Jersey and eating at some of the best food trucks at Rutgers University I have to say this place has taken all the greatness of comfort foods in a food truck and have made them into a great restaurant.

The service was great. They were willing to answer any questions and informed us in detail about the menu.

If you are looking for place to cure the "MUNCHIES" after a night of drinking look no farther than this place. The food was excellent and the dessert just as good. For me I recommend the Fat Mike with the Fried TWINKIES.

Drink hard and then eat harder!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Hot Wings!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visited family in the area and stopped by one night. Nice little place opened until late! Had my BF try their hot wing challenge... OOPS!!! Couldn't get through one wing, but he was able to get his picture put on the "wall of shame". Other than that it's a nice little spot to grab quick munchies. Will go back next visit =)

• Visited August 2012