“A restaurant as a last resort”

Outback Steakhouse Tamiami
Ranked #244 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
North Port, Florida
“A restaurant as a last resort”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

and were looking for a steak restaurant and saw the sign for Outback coming up.I have been to Outback before and thought they were just average,but this one was a cut above. Very good service and price.

1 Thank David N

• Czech first
“Nice Atmoshere”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Waitress forgot soup but the manager fixed us up with some items. Thought that was really nice. Friendly staff. The food doesn't seem to taste as good since the remodel.

“Interesting Temporary Menu”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The standard remains the same but now they seem to offer a menu with temporary combinations. We both opted for a seafood and steak combo. The steaks were medium rare as ordered; the shrimp and scallops, however, were highly seasoned such that both of us were drinking water all night. Restaurants really need to cut down on sodium. Our server was very nice and attentive. We happened to be there during happy hour and all cocktails were two for one which was a nice surprise. This is a busy place filled with couples, families, and groups of friends. A nice midweek break.

“Mustard burgers, YUCK!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After finding a BOGO coupon in my e-mail, I decided to try Outback for lunch. What a mistake, and what a disappointment! I don't know what prompted me to try their carry out, but after getting the food home, I realized they forgot to put mayo in our bag, or any other condiments except for salt and pepper. It was really disappointing after thinking about their thick, juicy burgers, to find they had lathered a layer of mustard and pickles all over the bottom layer of the hamburger roll. By the time we got it home it was soggy, and a mustardy drenched burger. Even peeling off the bottom layer of the roll didn't help. They put in a small loaf of dark bread with butter, which comes with all of the items on their menu, but made no sense with two hamburgers. No one would want more bread when you are already eating a hamburger with a large roll (more bread.) Added to the soggy mix was a portion of sweet potato fries. They should have been warm, crisp and delicious, but were soggy, mushy and cold. I actually felt like a burger from McDonald's would have been better than this mess. I called the store to complain, and the manager told me he would send me a coupon. He said they always put mustard on their cheeseburgers, but they use mayo for their bacon burgers. If the coupon is for another burger I will surely eat it IN the restaurant and not use their carry out service.

“Try Outback for lunch!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

"Our" Sarasota Outback is now open for lunch. We loved our meal after church on Sunday.
Everyone in our party of three enjoyed a different choice, and all were pleased with their selection. We were lucky to have our food delivered by a very personable young man named Bryan who I think will be the new manager. He was so nice, I hope to see him at "our" Outback again. Try anything on their vast menu, you will be pleased. At the next table a woman on a "no carb" diet was enjoying shrimp and sliced steak, it looked so good.

• Visited January 2013