“Great steak as always!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Couldnt wait to get back to Outback this year as I cant find anywhere else in England that cooks steaks so well as Outback. Unfortunately I dont live near enough to the branches in UK and refuse to order steak in any other restaurants. My visit to this Outback did not disappoint - the filet steak was perfection! Will return as many times as possible in the next two weeks!

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse Lockwood Ridge

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have been to this branch of the Outback before when I have been in Sarasota and it was fine on those occasions.

Last week I went in on Monday and had a rather poorer experience. We arrived at 8.05 pm and it was already starting to quieten off. We were seated immediately and assigned out server, a guy who seemed to be in a hurry and didn't listen to our requests.

It was Bloomin Monday as Kevin Harvick a race car driver sponsored by the Outback finishes in the top ten. If you mention it you get a complimentary bloomin onion to start. I did this and it turned up pretty much soaked in oil. I realise that they are deep fried onions, but this had clearly come straight out of the fryer on to the plate. Really quite unpleasant.

Seeing just how much of a rush the server was in, I asked if the entree could be put on hold for 15-20 minutes, so that we could finish our starter before the entree arrived. This seemed to be a little tricky for the server as he didn't think he could hold it back that long. Presumably this was because he had customers queuing out the door and waiting for our table. Wrong. There were by this time numerous tables available yet he felt he needed to get us in served and out.

My main course was from the Moonshine menu and was pretty good. My partner's vegetarian pasta dish was wrong when it arrived and we had to request the cheese option again which was put right. She didn't enjoy it at all and left the majority of it. I realise this is a steak house, but the Outback just don't cater properly for vegetarians. They are a growing element in society and should not be ignored or treated second best.

The bill came and our evening meal, despite my request was over in 45 minutes. A leisurely evening meal with drinks it is not.

When the bill came he had charged for the bloomin onion. He apologised, gave a weak excuse and corrected the bill.

This one is off out list of places to revisit next time.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

For the second night in row we had some bad meat. My wifes meat was not eatable beacuse of it contained so much tendons. We complained but without any results. Bad bad. We are not coming back.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The location of this restaurant is one reason we chose it that evening. The shopping plaza it's in is directly across the street from a church that had a jazz concert that evening, making it easy and convenient for us to attend both venues.

Our service and dinners were excellent. People nearby had some problem with their food being undercooked, I believe. The manager came by instantly and solved their problem, being patient and cordial with them. Then she stopped at other tables, including ours, for a bit of chat and asking about our meals. I thought that was a nice tough.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Walked into this Outback and stood waiting for approximately 5 minutes, having been totally ignored by 2 hostesses who were trying to accommodate a disgruntled family who had asked to be moved...when we were eventually seated we were offered a table which was squashed between 2 very large parties, making LOTS of noise & obviously the table the previous family had asked to be moved from! The server 'Derek' came to take our drinks order when my partner was in the restroom & his attitude clearly wasn't of someone who wanted to be there! as I'd had no time to view the drinks menu, my requests were just a shaking of the head rather than 'I'm sorry we don't have that'. We ordered our food which was very average & received the usual insincere requisite of 'have a fantastic evening' - clearly some of the staff need to go on a retraining course in customer care.

1  Thank Redtracycaroline