Tripadvisor

“Steak sandwich”

Charlie's Steak & Hoagie
Ranked #301 of 1,168 Restaurants in Sarasota
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Read great reviews but was not sure what to expect... arrived about noon and there was a line to order and no seats available to sit after ordering (place is small to begin with). Ordered my sandwich and asked that they wrap it to go in case no place to eat ... person behind me was told wait would be 20 minutes so if you need a quick lunch you may want to ask the wait or go elsewhere
Saw lots of salads being ordered as well as varying sandwiches. Everything looked excellent. My steak sandwich was excellent.
After went online and learned place is also open for breakfast and closes at 3pm ... so no late night sandwiches

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (32)

Reviewed September 13, 2019

AUTHENTIC! I always say I'm going to branch out and try other items on their menu but I never do! Their cheese steak hoagies are delicious!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2019

This is a very local place to grab a hoagie, burger or even breakfast. They have a daily lunch special which is a cheese steak, crinkle cut fries and a drink for just under $10. The cheese steaks are really good so make sure to get there early or there could be a line out the door for the lunch hour crowd. If you are in the area of it, definitely go there for a great lunch and a Sarasota vibe.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Would never expect such a great place in a small establishment.shaved steak with provolone was so good, thinking about it hours later and my mouth waters. Onion rings were extremely good as well. Very low key, locals visit but so did I and I'm from Arizona. Wish this place was in my town!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank gypsyforlife33
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Our first time there. Great classic cheesesteak and fries. Friendly staff. I had the house special but looking forward to trying their specialty cheesesteaks.

Date of visit: July 2018