“Exceptional Restaurant here in Sarasota”

Antoine's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,050 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: European, French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Antoine's Restaurant. Our new location features an elegant continental menu in a cozy and sophisticated environment. Our artisanal cuisine offers elaborate seafood specials including PEI mussels prepared 10 different ways and served with the best fries in Sarasota. We proudly prepare everything in house including bread, pasta, dressings, desserts,..And offer a wide selection of wine and beer. We hope you'll enjoy your visit to our restaurant and don't miss Monday Mussel Mania with All You Can Eat Mussels 5 different ways!
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I must say that this is one of the best restaurants here in Sarasota. Exceptional food, exceptional selection and service. Prices are decent but food is superb.
You must give it a try.

2  Thank Trailerking
There are newer reviews for Antoine's Restaurant

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Looking from the outside, this converted KFC is lackluster. Inside is a different story, nicely decorated, not crowded. We were warmly greeted, seated promptly, offered beverages and presented with menus. The sever was very accomadating, explaining the menu items in detail. there were also some specials available. having looked at Tripadvisor ahead of our visit, I already had made my menu choice (Steak Tartare) as had my wife (Monk Fish). Unfortunately the Monk fish had been removed from the menu so my wife chose one of the Mussel entrees. We started with a shared salad of goat cheese and puff pastry that was fantastic. Both meals were excellent, we will be back.We did visit using a Groupon discount, which was graciously accepted.
I hope that the outside of this restaurant is spruced up to reflect what awaits inside.

2  Thank Ken B
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Take the time to go to Antoine's you will not be disappointed. You are greeted warmly but keep in mind it's small and you might need a reservation when season arrives. The food is very reasonably priced for the outstanding quality. I had a goat cheese phyllo puff pastry salad with walnut, crisp apples and honey to die for and even Chef Ramsey could not complain about the Huge sea scallops and amazing risotto I ordered, and if you have a large appetitie don't worry the portions are very large. My husband had the Bolognese and it was not his favorite, he should have listened to me and gotten the amazing Strip steak the couple next to us had. I was drooling! And do not miss Dessert or you will be sorry you did, truly a dinner to go back for! Thanks you Antoine's !

2  Thank ddavis1212
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I chose Antoine's because it was a convenient stop on our way home from St. Petersburg. We will return because it was very good. From the delicious appetizer to the unique and light version of tiramisu, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The interior is upscale and charming. The Belgian influenced food was both attractively presented and very tasty. We started with mussels mariniere, which were very well prepared. I enjoyed a goat cheese salad with a lobster ravioli appetizer as my entree. The chef chose creative and delicious ways to prepare both. My husband ordered and enjoyed a tasty strip steak. The homemade bread and small baskets of pomme frites were welcome additions. I was particularly delighted to see the artistic butter creation.
The most outstanding part of the meal, however, was the attentive service. Without being intrusive, the charming and knowledgeable young server insured that beverage glasses were filled and the table was in order. The manager stopped by 2-3 times to ask if we were enjoying our meal. He seemed genuinely pleased that we were. I was particularly impressed when he noticed from how I was sitting that I was slightly chilled, and he asked if I wanted him to check the thermostat. We now look forward to inviting friends to join us in our new-found food treasure.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

it's almost hard to not have the desire to convince the owner to change the name from A's Antoines Restaurant, to just A's for Awesome!! Superb care taken from the minute you walk in the door down to the food which is handmade and prepared by chef Karl, which is eloquently and intimately explained to you by the wonderful front of house staff. and I'd not too busy expect a table visit from the chef himself!!!! a true diamond and must visit!! Needs a bigger sign or light on it as it is hard to find even when looking, diamond in the rough!!