“Best PHILLY STEAK BY FAR!!!!!”

Gentile Bros Authentic Cheesesteaks
Ranked #44 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Lived in Florida for 16 years and this is BY FAR the best Philly that we have ever had... If they were open in Philly I'd choose them over the other ones we went to growing up. I've seen some of the reviews, one of which says that she is not "from Philly" and gave a review of 3...that made no sense...also so another guy that gave it a 4 because they "travel" and have been to the other steak places like Genos, Pats and Jims. Now, ANYONE that is from Philly knows that those are tourist spots and use crappy beef. So that isn't quite accurate either. Take it from me...a fatty from Philly, this is the real deal! you can't get any better than Amoroso rolls shipped in from Philly and some grade a sliced steak. If you want more meat get the "Clemenza" double meat and cheese...Get some of those crab fries and you are set for the day! The people there are top notch too! Feels like you are going home (if you are from philly)...so i love going in, talking a little Philly Eagles, bringing my Philly accent back and reminiscing about the good times on Delaware Ave and South Street, while eating a ridiculously good sandwich. ENJOY YOUR VISIT and tell them the "pastor" says hey...or you may just see me in there, im like Norm from Cheers, where everyone knows my name...at Gentiles of course! :)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

You bet your Liberty bells! This place makes fantastic cheese steak! The Gentile family brought authentic cheese steak sandwiches to Siesta Key/ Sarasota area, with sub rolls from phili (since its impossible to find good bread with the sulfer in Florida water). We ordered the authentic style with Cheese whiz and grilled onions. Melts in your mouth! Worth every minute of our visit since we are driving around the country. Friendly owners and a satisfied appetite!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

So I read about this place on TripAdvisors and wanted to try it out - being from NJ, I'm always on the prowl for a good Philly cheesesteak - quick and good and real south Philly boys running the shop - accent, attitude and right on target. If I had a small disappointment, it would be the amount of meat on the sandwich - not saying there wasn't enuf meat to fill the bun but clearly not the amount you'd get @ Jim's, Tony Luke's or even Geno's/Pat's.

Having said all that, I'll be back and back and back and back

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A friend picked up take out from the restaurant on Friday night. The Cheesesteak was incredible. I have had friends urge me to eat there and after that meal we will definitely be visiting the place soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My son and I visited Gentile Brothers over a year ago for a baseball tournament and loved it. When we saw the baseball schedule and realized that we would be back in the area-we both couldn't wait to make another visit. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the authentic Philly cheesesteaks that we fell in love with on our first visit remained the same! There is nothing more disappointing than remembering something being great and on a return visit being disappointed. Well, Gentile Brothers didn't disappoint! The sandwiches were still delicious with the roll making the sandwich! The "brothers" seemed even more at home and had a system going, but the great conversation was still there! The only thing that changed was that they had even more great Philly memorabilia around-great conversation starters:)) We seemed to finish our steaks in record time and had to take a few "to go" for the beach! We are already looking forward to the next tourney!!