“good overall experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Revelry Pub & Grill - CLOSED

Revelry Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“good overall experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

A bunch of negative reviews on another place we were going to try led us try here based on a limited number of reviews but all positive. It did not disappoint. We had pea soup which was not you typical heavy variety but had a tasty broth. The coconut crusted chicken satay was good with a nice dipping sauce. The pork chop was excellent and a short rib/mushroom pastry entrée was a bit different and very good. The menu is a bit limited on entrees but I suppose it's better to do a few things very well than try to be all things to all people. Service was very good and servers pleasant. Look forward to a return and have told others to try this new restaurant

• Visited September 2013

Sarasota
“Good variety of food and great beer selection.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Fairly new place - hope they make it since the food is a good value, great beer selection, and the staff is friendly. A nice alternative to the chain restaurants - the hot curry chicken wing appetizer was good, as was the salad with breast of duck. Other member of our party of four had usual burger and fries, and they were also just right - we'll be back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a party of six people and everyone ordered something different. The server was delightful and was available but did not hover, and got everyones order perfect, even with little changes. The food was fantastic and the vegetables were steamed to perfection and not mushy.
I had the duck and it was juicy and tender, and the pork loin was a large portion of meat and cooked perfectly.
I will go often, but I'm a little worried that they were not busy. Please go and try it. They also have hamburgers, pizza and a childrens menu.

1 Thank Lynda H
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Well worth the trip from Bradenton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was my second being fortunate enough to visit the Revelry Pub and Grill. I sat at the bar as I was by myself and was greeted immediately and informed of the happy hours specials. I started with the curry spice wings even though I am not a huge fan of overly spicy wings. My cordial server talked me into it saying the flavor blends well with what heat there may be. They were AWESOME. I polished these off and wished I had a few more. I then had the English Dip sandwich which is served with fries, au jus and a very nice horseradish sauce. The sandwich was done to perfection with a great roll and it melted in my mouth. I know I was told that this was the off season for Sarasota but I just can't wait until more people discover this gem of a pub.

1 Thank bluewatergolf
“Overpromise and underdeliver”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went because the restaurant was advertising gluten free and vegetarian. We went at lunch and were seated in a small area with booths and the three of us had a hard time with conversation because everyone was squished together. The rest of the restaurant was empty...just about six tables....all together, together. Looked at the menu and didn't see anything much indicated about vegetarian/gluten free. Figured we then had to ask a waitress for a special menu. We asked her and she replied that the salads were gluten free and that was about it.
Somehow the restaurant seemed a lot more exciting when looking online. I had dishes specifically dedicated to these concepts...it didn't leave me feeling they had a plan...more like they were just throwing around trendy words. 2 out of 3 of us weren't excited by our lunches. The one who ordered a hamburger was happy with his plate.

• 3 of 5 bubbles