“Well worth the trip from Bradenton”
Review of Revelry Pub & Grill - CLOSED

Revelry Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American, British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was my second being fortunate enough to visit the Revelry Pub and Grill. I sat at the bar as I was by myself and was greeted immediately and informed of the happy hours specials. I started with the curry spice wings even though I am not a huge fan of overly spicy wings. My cordial server talked me into it saying the flavor blends well with what heat there may be. They were AWESOME. I polished these off and wished I had a few more. I then had the English Dip sandwich which is served with fries, au jus and a very nice horseradish sauce. The sandwich was done to perfection with a great roll and it melted in my mouth. I know I was told that this was the off season for Sarasota but I just can't wait until more people discover this gem of a pub.

1  Thank bluewatergolf

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went because the restaurant was advertising gluten free and vegetarian. We went at lunch and were seated in a small area with booths and the three of us had a hard time with conversation because everyone was squished together. The rest of the restaurant was empty...just about six tables....all together, together. Looked at the menu and didn't see anything much indicated about vegetarian/gluten free. Figured we then had to ask a waitress for a special menu. We asked her and she replied that the salads were gluten free and that was about it.
Somehow the restaurant seemed a lot more exciting when looking online. I had dishes specifically dedicated to these concepts...it didn't leave me feeling they had a plan...more like they were just throwing around trendy words. 2 out of 3 of us weren't excited by our lunches. The one who ordered a hamburger was happy with his plate.

1  Thank J R
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is darn good. The food is relatively "simple" fare but what makes this establishment unique is that it is executed nearly flawlessly. An example would be their coconut chicken appetizer. Sounds Applebee-ish, right?. Nope-here it is served with a nice slice of perfectly grilled pineapple slice with a spice chutney like drizzle and pinacolada dipping sauce. Try the bre cheese burger that is garnished with expertly sauté d onions and served on a challah roll. The beverage selection is excellent. The kids food is treated and plated like a full-fare adult meal.
The service was excellent. This restaurant is well run and worth your time and money. By the way, it didn't cost any more than one of those 'same everywhere' chain restaurants.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went with some friends for dinner and it was very nice. We all had different hamburgers and they were great. The have a ton of cottage beer on tap and they are wonderful. Service was very nice. Overall impression of the place was good, clean and lots of room so you can go with a big group of people and they an accommodate you. Would recommend Revelry Pub.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We are local residents and we are thrilled that we have found our "favorite" place to dine. So many of the local eateries are "flunking" with higher prices, cold and bad food and customer service that leaves a lot to be desired. The husband and wife team owners are experienced and caring and we just love it. Manager and service staff are the best. Bar tenders are great. Food is great with many special dishes to love. Chef is creative and his sauces are unbelievable. We are here to stay!!!!! You will love it!!!!
Janice and Bill