“Deli Nostalgia”

sarasota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deli Nostalgia”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've had the fortune to find this Deli in the Gulfgate section of Sarasota. While the ambiance
is plain and simple the food is exquisite and a delight to the tastebuds. I had the chicken
soup without noodles or knaidlach (matzoh balls) which was rich without being overly
salty (for the older folks who are wathcing their salt intake- I salted mine some more), which
was good with homemade "bubbe" (grandma) flavor. The chopped liver was divine and
I was levitated away as I was biting into this scrumptous dish! The corned beef was
good and unfortunately I was away for this past weekend's special- Stuffed Cabbage
(one of my all time favorites) and cannot report on it. However, Michael, the owner
and chef has a real concern for quality and staying true to the recipes and tastes of
"Mittel-Europa Jewish Cuisine". I'll be back again and bringing friends and family (so
much more to taste and tryout- who needs fancy atmosphere when you can have real
ethnic tasty cusine).

Arnold Y

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Arnoldsarasota

Bel Air, Maryland, United States
“Nice little NY Jewish Style Delt”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Sarasota has few Jewish style delis, including a Florida chain called TooJays. A family from Brooklyn has opened a small place in Gulfgate that offers a pretty expansive menu of sandwiches and sides. Having just sampled their chopped liver I would say that Randabi's is off to a good start. When we get a chance, we will return and try the corned beef and pastrami, which, thank goodness, appear NOT to be Boar's Head! The owner Michael was very friendly and the place was pretty busy at lunch time. Definitely worth trying. The three stars are just a tentative rating as I have not had enough to offer a thorough judgement, but I am optimistic!

Update - Had really good corned beef and pastrami sandwiches, fries, and potato knish, as well as egg salad. Service was excellent. All that is needed is for the owner to hang some salamis and put up some NY nostalgia pictures.

We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Paul S
Sarasota, Florida
“Worst excuse for a deli”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had the corned beef and pastrami combo sandwich. The meat most certainly was not sliced fresh from a brisket. It tasted like grocery store meat filled with sulfates and preservatives. The bread was inferior. If this had been my first deli sandwich,I would never eat another. Drive to TooJays!

• Visited May 2013