“Loved the Norman Inn”
Review of The Norman Inn

The Norman Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
The Norman Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Sarasota B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've stayed at the Norman Inn twice now, and can only say good things about the experience. Lois, the owner is very welcoming, and goes out of her way to make your time there a good one. I stayed in the Capri Suite both times, which is quite large and includes typical amenities and a very large bathroom with double sinks, separate large shower and a soaker tub. There is also separate access to the back yard and hot tub. However, we were also able to have access to the main part of the house, and certainly didn't feel that we needed to remain in the suite when we were there. One of the best things about B&B's for me is the interaction over breakfast, where Lois is cordial and accommodating to your needs. Fresh Florida grapefruit every day for me! It was more like having coffee with a friend than formal dining. There is no pool, but you're only 10-15 minutes away from one of Sarasota's best beaches in a quiet, residential neighbourhood. Two nice malls are quite close, and there's a killer Thai restaurant less than 5 minutes away. I have no problem rating the Inn as excellent, or recommending it to those who would like a quiet, away-from-it-all sort of place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan C
There are newer reviews for The Norman Inn
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My first stay at the Norman Inn was just by luck. I did a search on the net and it looked like it met my needs. I wanted a small place that was close to the tourist areas but not in the "middle" of the noise and traffic of many facilities. The location of the Inn was perfect for my needs. It is just minutes away from the beaches, shops, and restaurants but not hectic.

Overall, the facility was clean and well decorated. I had the suite and it was a very comfortable. The bath was the largest and as nice as I have ever experienced. Right outside my room was a great hot tub which was very relaxing.

A few months ago I had my second visit the the Inn and I had another great experience. Lois, the inn owner is just a super innkeeper. She is dedicated to making her customers feel at home and comfortable. She is pleasant and someone you can have a great conversation with but she is not an "in you face" person. She has the experience and sense to know when her customers want quiet time. The result is just a wonderful experience.

I plan to return again for sure.

Room Tip: I recomment the suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank cperry51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Best Western Plus Siesta Key Gateway
Siesta Key Palms Hotel
#1 of 50 in Sarasota
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
Hyatt Place Sarasota / Lakewood Ranch

Been to The Norman Inn? Share your experiences!