“Best mexican restaurant in this area”

The Grasshopper Mexican Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #171 of 1,039 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Grasshopper Lounge opened it's doors in 1971 by owners Jesse and Cleo Rosales in Downtown Adrian, Michigan. There, my family acquired the other half of the structure and "El Chapulin the Tex Mex Restaurant" was launched. Still in business and operated by our entire family, we have since opened a second location in Wauseon, Ohio and our third in Sarasota, Florida. Grandma's secret: prepare everything in small batches, so we never jeopardize the art form of our food.
Nokomis, Florida
“Best mexican restaurant in this area”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

There is nothing wrong here. Inexpensive, hot food, good vegetarian selection, ultra clean, easy to get into the parking lot. The bill was $36 without tip and hat was with 2 beers and 2 cocktails. How can you go wrong? He rice was the best side dish. Absolutely NON greasy!

2 Thank aineb44

“Not as good as before.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I went back for dinner last night and I was unhappy with my meal.My husband ordered his fajita dish and was fine with it-I ordered a trio of tacos and felt I was at a fast food chain.I ordered a veggies taco-the veggies were chopped so tiny with lots of lettuce-no flavor-I was up charged for one of their new shrimp taco's-to be fair it was the only flavorful item on my plate-I think I had two shrimp and the same generic tiny chopped veggies in the taco-dry and flavorless witht he exception of the shrimp-1 chicken taco with a tiny piece of very dry chicken and the same chopped veggies.The tacos were bland beyond belief-no refried beans were served unless I wanted to pay for them- I paid extra for a small cup of green sauce.My husband paid extra for the refried beans.Sorry but will not be back and will return to El Toro Bravo- the dishes are more flavorful there and the sides are included.I wish the Grasshopper well and am sorry that we can not return based on the quality of our meal..

Visited October 2013
Venice, Florida, USA
“Great Mexican Food - Friendly Service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great dishes that you won't find at the chain restaurants. The pork is fabulous, guacamole and "green cheese" dip is delicious. Everything is fresh and made to order (not frozen stuff).

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Bernie S
Canada
“First time but we WILL be back!! ( The Torontonians!)”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We came on recommendations of a friend, wow, what a great spot and so close to home. The staff all very friendly and welcoming. The food was amazing, really fresh and tasty, yet so reasonably priced. Folks around us loved their food as well, we overheard them!--- hope they pass the word around, this little gem deserves to be really successful. We even had a personal visit at our table with the owner, smart move to visit your customers one on one. We will be back for sure before we go home, maybe twice!
One little recommendation would be to spruce up the outside a bit, some pots of flowers, some artwork on the walls etc. a bit bare out there!
Thank you for your delicious offerings all.

1 Thank LivingTheDreamBaby
Sarasota, Florida
“Mexican food at affordable price”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

A good Mexican restaurant can be hard to find but following a recommendation we visited this place on the 41 in Sarasota. My first thought was a little concern as the outside did not do this place justice. When we walked in I knew we would be OK. The food was very good and reasonably priced and the service too was great. I am not going to talk you through the menu as I doubt my spelling is good enough but just to say there was a great choice and deserts too, the beer was cold and all in all we will return, great find

1 Thank Roger S